Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 5th, 2013 13:00

V715W Printer printing problems

I am having the exact same problem and my computer is also like your Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit specs . Hi, I would like to jump on this thread, as I am having similar issues. I have read your other helpful posts and tried to follow the steps, "deleteprintjobs.cmd" etc. I have a V715W. I am running a HP Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit, 12GB RAM. My printer basically will run one print job, then the second job hangs up. It will make the sounds like it is about to start, but it never goes. I am willing to try anything and everything from scratch. I have Microsoft Security Essentials and Spybot. Wireless security is WPA Personal, TKIP encryption. Let me know what other info you may need. I will take no offense to you treating me like I know nothing about computers (I kind of don't)!!! Thanks!

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

December 5th, 2013 17:00

monroe10,

Run Delete Print Jobs then restart your computer.

Try reading...

Allow a printer past McAfee

If the problem still happens, then post back.

Rick

6 Posts

December 18th, 2013 15:00

I have posted this in another thread but thought it might be worth posting it here too:

I have experienced exactly the same problem with my 313w.  I went through Dell Tech support and paid my $89 as the printer was out of warranty.  The first tech did not solve the problem but when I called back today, the tech solved the problem.  He told me that I had IE 11 installed with my Windows 7 and that IE 11 was designed to work fully with Windows 8 and still causes many problems in Windows 7.  He uninstalled the IE 11 update rebooted the computer and now the printer works fine!

If the tech's diagnosis is correct, Microsoft should be ashamed of putting out an update the causes problems with OEM peripherals!

6 Posts

January 4th, 2014 12:00

I was on the phone for days with dell and a persisten nice supervisor did figure out that the problem was caused by a Microsoft update in November for the IE 11 caused thedell v715w printers to not function properly! Took some time but dell listened and came out with a solution..

7 Posts

February 19th, 2015 13:00

My V715W printer has a jam and I can't get the paper out.  I pull out the paper tray but it is lodged way back in the printer.  I have tried everything.  Now the printer will not print until the jam is removed.

Help

6 Posts

I have the same problem...Does anyone have a solution? Dell support had no fix to the problem.. Please help!!!!

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

monroe10,

Did you just copy and paste the information from above or is your problem similar?

Can you run Network Interface and post the information back here?

Also provide the virus program and firewall you're using.

Rick

6 Posts

December 5th, 2013 17:00

Mcaffe Security center.. I have the same exact problem... 1st print job come out ok then the spooler hangs up and a print jog is stuck in the que... Computer shows that a print job is printing but nothing happens on the second print job.. I am using a USB cable.. Problem started 10 days ago...Please help.. thanks!

6 Posts

December 5th, 2013 19:00

Thanks very much for your help!!!!

6 Posts

December 5th, 2013 19:00

My printer is working ok now...Thanks again!!!

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

December 6th, 2013 02:00

monroe10,

Glad you got it working! :emotion-21: Thanks for posting back.

Take care,

Rick

3 Posts

December 14th, 2013 06:00

I am having the same problem and have tried everything you have mentioned above. I've tried uninstalling the printer, driver, and software and re-installing. I was originally connected with USB. I configured the wireless to connect and it is now wirelessly connected. I added the IP address to the firewall network connections. I restored factory settings on my printer. I even turned off the firewall briefly to try to print. I have a Dell XPS 8300 with Windows 7 64-bit. My security software is McAfee Internet Security Suite from AT&T. My printer is the V715w. I ran the interface routine. Here's what it said: The Wireless AutoConfig Service (wlansvc) is not running. My print queue is also clear using the routine. Any other ideas?

3 Posts

December 14th, 2013 20:00

I wanted to update that I tried uninstalling McAfee and I was able to get the printer to work for 2 consecutive file printings. I reinstalled McAfee and the problem came back. It is definitely related to McAfee.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

December 15th, 2013 11:00

05nano07,

Sorry for the delay, work.

I use these Recommended Wireless Router Settings I use channel 11. I would make a new SSID to make connecting easier. If you change anything other than the channel, you'll need to run Delete Print Jobs then restart the computer. You'll need to uninstall the printer in programs and features, then restart the computer. You need to install the printer as a new printer.

McAfee has blocked printer communications before try reading...

Allow a printer past McAfee

Rick

1 Message

December 17th, 2013 05:00

We are having the same problem with all of our Dell V713w and V715w, both networked attached and USB attached. We are running Windows Security Essentials and not McAfee. I have attempted printing with the firewall turned off with no luck. Any suggestions.

Thank you ....<ADMIN NOTE: Email id removed per privacy policy>

8 Posts

December 17th, 2013 13:00

I am having the exact same problem and my computer is also like your Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit specs  I have a P713W. I am running a HP Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit, . My printer basically will run one print job, then the second job hangs up. It will make the sounds like it is about to start, but it never goes. I have Microsoft Security Essentials and connected with USB not wireless.

Removed the paper that had advanced and tried to delete the print job....says its deleting but have to restart the computer for it to actually delete

No Events found!