Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 18th, 2012 13:00

V715w won't print

Tried to find some info that fit my situation - sorry if this is repeat!

My V715w printer will not communicate with my laptop and doesn't even print when connected directly via a cable. I was able to finally get it to print, but then suddenly would get the message about not communicating with my laptop. I sometimes got it to work by removing the device as a printer, unplugging the cable, turning off the printer and then rebooting my laptop.  That doesn't seem to be working this time and it's very frustrating! I wonder if it has to do with my power going out in my house?  Everything is plugged in properly and in working condition (I am sometimes able to print.)

I'm not too terribly techie, just want to simply print. 

Thank you for any help!

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

August 18th, 2012 14:00

okieqt,

First run Delete Print Jobs to remove any stuck print jobs from the queue.

What virus program and firewall are you using?

Try this tweak...

Start, control panel, device manager.

Go to the USB Controller section and click the + sign.

Go to each USB Root Hub and right click on it, left click properties, left click power management. Uncheck the box, allow computer to turn off this device to save power.

Restart your computer.

Rick

3 Posts

August 18th, 2012 19:00

Thank you so much for answering Rick! I did everything you suggested.  Would I sound too clueless if I admitted I'm not sure about Virus Programs and Firewalls? Yes. Yes, I think I would. haha I have seen a "Norton" something or other pop-up every now & then about updating my virus program. I have a Dell Inspiron laptop that is new - I've only had it a few months.

I did have a note come up about not having drivers installed, so I ended up clicking on the downloads sections, reinstalling the drivers, and it seemed to fix the problem! I can print again! However, I'm pretty sure, like last time, when my power goes out this will revert back again.

Have you ever seen/heard of this problem before?  I just want to be sure that I don't have a laptop with a problem.  

Thank you so much for your time! I really appreciate it. So glad these forums are here.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

August 19th, 2012 10:00

okieqt,

You just said...

I'm pretty sure, like last time, when my power goes out this will revert back again.

During electrical storms and power flickers, it causes problems for wireless devices.

You'll need to do this to the printer as well ast the router(s)...

Power off your ISP modem/router and your wireless router(if any) for 30 seconds. Then power on the ISP modem/router. Wait 15 seconds, then power on the wireless router(if any)

Restart the computer and try to connect.

Rick

3 Posts

August 22nd, 2012 17:00

This time, it had nothing to do with losing power.  It seems like every few days, it just decides to not communicate with my laptop.  Restarting, checking connections, rebooting, etc. never fixes it.

However - I have figured out what fixes it!  I go to the "Drivers For OS Deployment" for my printer (even though I have no idea what that means haha) and I tell it I want to install the drivers as if the printer is brand new.  I tell it I don't want to communicate wirelessly, but by cable.  It's as if I'm setting it up again from the point of being a new printer.  Then - VOILA - I am able to print again! They communicate nicely, at least for a few more days.

I'm very puzzled about why I continue to have to do this.  Any suggestions are welcome!  My husband did change the settings on the printer to let it know I didn't want to use it wirelessly.  Honestly, I'm just thankful there is a fairly easy fix that is free.  

1 Message

October 2nd, 2012 18:00

I also have a V715w, it will not print anything. It acts like it is printing but paper is blank. I have installed new cartridges, done a clean and deep clean still nothing. Checked cartridges to make sure they were seated properly and they were. It does a little and I mean very little print of a test page. Can someone help me?

No Events found!