Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 1st, 2013 13:00

Will Dell AIO 810 printer ever work with Windows 8?

Hello, I know Dell is saying that don't have a  driver for Dell AIO 810 printer? The question  is if there is any workaround to make it work or should I wait for a driver or just buy a new one?

regards

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

March 2nd, 2013 20:00

Rizvolo,

If you installed Windows 8 and this is a Dell computer, did you install the drivers in the correct order, Dell System Software(if applicable) and the chipset drivers first? How to Download and Install Drivers in the Correct Order If this is not a Dell computer, chipset drivers first?

If I am correct, this is an older printer and was made before Vista. Usually using the Vista drivers, if available may work. I have also use the XP 64-bit drivers on some models.

Download the XP 64-bit drivers for the Dell 810 printer and follow the about procedure and install the drivers in the XP SP3 compatibility mode.

Run delete print jobs, restart the computer, disconnect the printer, run the patch(printer cleanup utility), restart your computer. Make sure the printer was removed, install the XP 64-bit drivers in the XP SP3 compatibility mode. You should get prompted to connect the printer.

Did you get prompted enough to allow the printer past your virus program? Allow Printer past Microsoft Essentials/Windows Defender

Rick

4 Operator

• 

3.1K Posts

March 1st, 2013 14:00

Hi Rizvolo,

Usually, the drivers for Windows 7 works with Windows 8. I would suggest you to try and install the driver for Windows 7 and see if it works. Here is the link http://dell.to/13uDnYf

In case you are unable to install the driver, you may try to install the driver in compatibility mode. It might work:

• Download the driver from the link mentioned above
  • Right Click the driver installation file and select Properties -> Compatibility Tab.
  • Select Windows 7 from the list in the following image

• Click Apply -- > OK
  • Right Click the file and select the 'Run As Administrator' to install the driver

Please reply in case you have further questions.

4 Posts

March 1st, 2013 15:00

Thank you for your explanation. I have tried Driver for Windows 7 in compatibly mode as well but it still wouldn't recognize the printer.

regards

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

March 1st, 2013 16:00

Rizvolo,

There are no drivers for Wiondows 8 and this printer. I would try the instructions below, it may or may not work.

First run Delete Print Jobs to remove any stuck print job in the queue.

Disconnect the printer.

Download and run the patch(printer cleanup utility) until it prompts you to restart your computer.

Restart your computer. Make sure the printer is removed.
Manual Printer Driver Removal

Download the Vista 32-bit drivers for Windows 8 32-bit or the Vista 64-bit drivers for Windows 8 64-bit. Install the Vista drivers in the Vista Compatibility mode You'll get a message, the printer is not connected. Connect the printer at this time(powered on).

Links to the patch/drivers can be found at...

Dell 810 All-In-One-Printer owners thread

Remember virus programs and firewalls will block communications. If you did not install any virus program, then Windows Defender is the default virus program. Try reading...

Allow Printer past Microsoft Essentials/Windows Defender

Rick

4 Posts

March 2nd, 2013 19:00

Thanks Rick. I tried it and it didn't work. Same problem, can't communicate with the printer:-(

I am losing hope on this printer now.

4 Posts

March 2nd, 2013 23:00

Thank you Thank you Thank you. It is working now. I really appreciate your help.

regards

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

March 3rd, 2013 03:00

Rizvolo,

Glad you got it working! :emotion-21: Thanks for posting back.

Take care,

Rick

29 Posts

January 23rd, 2014 13:00

I am running an Asus N750 laptop with windows 8.1 64-bit. Does your procedure still apply using the XP 64-bit driver, and if so, does downloading the driver also download/install the Dell All-in-One Centre and Dell Picture Studio? I, however, am currently using the  printer on my old Dell Inspiron 530 desktop which is running Vista 32-bit and so now I would also like to also use it on my laptop. Look forward to your reply.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

January 23rd, 2014 15:00

firstdown,

I cannot guarantee it will work or not. Older printer and drivers are old. The above member got it to work with Windows 7 and Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 are similar to Windows 7 so I'd try the XP 64-bit drivers in the XP SP3 Compatibility mode

Remember virus programs and firewalls will block communications. If you did not install any, then Windows Defender is the default. Try reading...

Allow Printer past Microsoft Essentials/Windows Defender

Rick

2 Posts

April 19th, 2014 11:00

Rick

A would really appreciate your help.  I have a new Dell Inspiron 15 that came with windows 8 pre-installed.  I am trying to print using my old AIO810 and had no luck.  Followed the directions above but didn't work.  I am not too computer savvy so would really be gratful if you could guide me to the steps that you have seen working for others with a dell computer and W8. 

Thanks

Jose

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

April 20th, 2014 17:00

Jose,

Is your operating system in English or another language?

Did you install/reinstall the operating system?

What virus program and firewall are you using?

Rick

2 Posts

April 21st, 2014 11:00

Hi Rick

The operating system is in English. 

I didn't re-install the operating system, it came with Windows 8 already installed.  I then installed Office 365 (not sure if that affects). 

I am using McAfee Internet Security which has a firewall.  However, this is a home computer (not in a network).  I connect the printer directly to the laptop using a cable. 

Appreciate any suggestions

Jose

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

April 21st, 2014 15:00

Jose,

Try this procedure and see if it works.

First run Delete Print Jobs to remove any stuck print job in the queue.

Disconnect the printer.

Download and run the patch(printer cleanup utility) until it prompts you to restart your computer.

Restart your computer. Make sure the printer is removed.
Manual Printer Driver Removal

Download the Vista 32-bit drivers for Windows 8 32-bit or the Vista 64-bit drivers for Windows 8 64-bit. Install the Vista drivers in the Vista Compatibility mode You'll get a message, the printer is not connected. Connect the printer at this time(powered on).

Links to the patch/drivers can be found at...

Dell 810 All-In-One-Printer owners thread

Also try reading...

Allow a printer past McAfee

Rick

1 Message

March 13th, 2015 10:00

hello,when i click to properties it s impossible to click compatibility because i only see general.Can you help pl;ease

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

March 13th, 2015 12:00

pated,

If you cannot run the setup file in the Compatibility mode then run the file and see if it installs. The procedure in the above post should be followed. I never got any replies if this worked for Windows 7 so I cnanot be certain if this will work for Windows 8.

Rick

No Events found!