Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 13th, 2013 10:00

Windows 8 and Dell v313w Printer

I am running Windows 8 on a brand new dell laptop.   Is there any choice?  I have a working dell v313w wireless printer.  I have a usb cable attached to the printer, I think it is a USB 1 type cable.  I have turned off the firewall, and I still can't get to a successful installation.  Any more possible solutions?

April 13th, 2013 12:00

I have a Dell All-in-one printer v313w it is wireless.

I have printed from it using my new windows 8 laptop using a USB cable.  I cannot get the wireless printing to work.  Today I have successfully installed the relevant Dell v313w windows 8 compatible 64-bit driver for the printer, at least that is message returned to me after installing said driver via the support.dell.com/dellprinter web site.  I also witnessed a firmware update going to the Dell v313w printer.  But when I go to print from internet explorer I get a Communication cannot be established message.  I have turned the printer on and off, I have restarted the new laptop, I have turned my McAfee fire wall off.  Still I have not printed wirelessly from the new laptop the printer still works from my window's 7 laptop. 

Thank you in advance for any ideas as to how to get the printer to communicate with windows 8 wirelessly.

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

April 13th, 2013 13:00

Install the windows 8 drivers for the printer www.dell.com/.../dell-v313w

No Events found!