Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 29th, 2009 20:00

aio 940 printer

My printer was working on my Dell Inspiron 5315 just fine since i bought this computer almost 2 years ago. I had a harddrive crash about two months ago and when I installed a new harddrive and reinstalled all my software I can no longer get my All In One Printer Menu to come up. I have read this forum and have performed that prescribed cure for this problem about six times. My printer works and I can fax if I cut and paste my message into the cover page. I cannot get the scanner to work. I just read the latest "solution" and downloaded the "net" software you suggested. Is there a way I can check to see if that download/install worked correctly? I will assume it did and will try the "fix" one more time while I'm waiting for a reply. The last problem was the "aioc.exe has stopped working" message when i attempted to open the All In One Center.  Thanks for your attention to this.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

July 29th, 2009 21:00

marymarymn,

Try installing the printer using the directions below and tell me what happens.

First, let's make sure your computer has the latest Windows Updates, especially .net framework, needed to run many applications and the latest Java.

Disconnect your printer.

Download and run this patch to completely remove the printer from your computer. Run the patch(a MUST on Vista machines) until it prompts you to restart your computer.

Restart your computer.

Download the proper drivers.

XP Drivers

Vista 32-bit Drivers

Vista 64-bit Drivers

All other drivers

Now install the proper Drivers. You'll be prompted when to connect the printer(powered on)

As for scanning, if you have the disk that came with the printer, then insert the Printer disk and stop it from running. Go to My Computer and double click on it. Look for the drive with the Dell disk in it. Right click on it, left click explore. Look for the OCR Folder. In the OCR Folder, there is an Abbyy Folder. right click on setup.exe, that's in the Abbyy Folder and left click run as administrator. This will install the OCR program.

Scanning

Scanning using USB connection, open the Dell All-In-One Center, click on scanning and copying and scan from there.

Scanning wirelessly, use the scan buttons on the printer.

Rick

12 Posts

July 31st, 2009 10:00

I've done this so many times I've lost count. Now all I end up with is a directory Dell/Drivers but no executables and no All-In-One Center menu item. I've attempted to download .net framework but get an error at the end of the download so I'm still at the 1.0 version. I've seen this problem posted so many times and never a complete solution. I'd rather hear the truth than keep up with this merry-go-round. Is it time to buy a new printer?

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

July 31st, 2009 10:00

marymartmn,

What operating system are you using on your Dell Computer?

If you cannot install .net framework, then this is more a computer issue and I can walk you through a simple repair, if you have the operating system disks. If NOT, then click below my signature and request a set, if you live in the United states and ae the origional owner.

Rick

Hold off on the printer until we try a repair, my way.

12 Posts

August 3rd, 2009 12:00

I discovered there were some executables in other of those downloads. Now I have everything working (after a fasion-not like it originally worked) but I keep getting a message that I need to install a printer driver. I have no idea which driver or where to find it. I also am getting a Window Update AIO printer update but it won't install - I get an error message 800F020B. Help!!!

12 Posts

August 11th, 2009 13:00

Well, I feel abandoned. No contact for over a week. I broke down and bought a new V305 Dell AIO printer and I'm having installation problems with this too. Probably some leftover junk from my A940 problems. It installs to the last second and then says there was a GUI error. I suspect there is a problem with the printer spooler or maybe even the USB port. I'm running a small business on this machine and I'm so backed up on invoices I worry about ever catching up. Please help!!

No Events found!