Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 20th, 2013 19:00

computer doesn't recognize printer

Please help me.  I called Dell and the tech laughed at me!  After several year all of a sudden my printer can't

communicate with my computer!  I have uninstalled and reinstalled the printer, checked the firewall that doesn't

even have the option of adding something to the allowed list, unplugged, and all the other suggestions that I've

found on the internet.  Computer and printer are both Dell.  Printer is v313w and computer is inspiron 64, with

windows 7 premium.  Dell wanted $200.00 plus for 1 yr warranty or a one time fee of over $100.00.  The updates

come automatically I have NO control of them and it was after 4 updates that this problem started.  Dell tech

claimed that this had nothing to do with it.

Mae

953 Posts

June 21st, 2013 05:00

Hi Mae,

Thank you for posting your comments and bringing this to our notice. Try to perform System Restore in Windows 7. This will restore your computer to an earlier date when the Updates were not applied. After perform System Restore check if the printer is working as earlier. Click here to find steps on how to perform System Restore in Windows 7.

Do reply with results.

No Events found!