Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 13th, 2006 10:00

printer 3100cn

Just purchased a 3100cn and was under the impression you could print with black only ink and then switch to color when you were printing something color.  I am unable to find anything in the user manual explaining how to do this!  Can anyone help or is this even possible with this printer?

Thanks
rrsn

89 Posts

July 13th, 2006 13:00

You should be able to go into the driver(printing preferences) on this printer and under the Paper Tab, select the Output Color to read black & white.

89 Posts

July 13th, 2006 19:00

Did you make the change in the application itself or the driver in printers and faxes?

If you go into the control panel and then to the Printer & Faxes window, you can right click the printer icon and go to printing preferences. Changes here should be global in their affect and you will not need to make the change everytime once you OK it.

4 Posts

July 13th, 2006 19:00

Thanks,   I feel so stupid.  I finally found how to print in black & white but the default is color is there anyway you know of to change the default to black & white so it always prints black/white unless I change it to color?

Thanks,

rrsn

4 Posts

July 13th, 2006 20:00

Thanks for your help! 

36 Posts

July 13th, 2006 23:00

The most common way to handle this is to add an additional install of the printer, set one with all the defaults you like for color, the other for b&w, then just 'select' the printer you want for each particular job....
No Events found!