Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

September 4th, 2008 13:00

problem with epson stylus cx7400 printer

I am having problems intalling a epson stylus cx7400 printer.  I get the message that there was a problem with the installtion of new hardware and that there may be a problem with the hardware.  The only new hardware that was installed was the printer.  While installing the software for the driver for the epson stylus cx7400 printer, it asked for a driver for a usb 2.0 mfp (hi-Speed).  I have been unable to find a driver to download.

I have tried both Epson and Dell and they were of no help.  Can someone please help me with this problem.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

September 4th, 2008 15:00

First, if your system was re-installed or repaired at one time, the USB drivers are part of the information below. You need to go to drivers and downloads and install these drivers in this order.

Desktop System Software or Notebook System Software
Chipset or SMBus driver
Processor Driver (if applicable)
Video
Audio (sound)
Input Drivers (keyboard/mouse)
Modem
Network Card

After you install those drivers, restart your computer.

Now go to device manager(roght click my computer, left click properties, left click hard ware, left click device manager)

Go down to the USB Controllers section and click the + sign.

Starting at the bottom, USB Root Hubs, and working your way to the top, USB Universal Controllers, un-install everything in that section.

Restart your computer, Windows will find everything again and correct the problem one. Please be patient, it may take 4-5 minutes for the new hardware wizard to finish.

Download the proper drivers for the Epson Stylis CX7400.

Install the proper drivers. You'll be prompted when to connect your printer.

4 Posts

September 6th, 2008 08:00

I am not sure what you mean by the Desktop Sysytem Software.  I went to the Drivers and downloads for a Dell Dimension 8400 but I could nnot find the drivers that you said to download in order.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

September 6th, 2008 17:00

1 Message

July 25th, 2013 01:00

We solved the problem?

No Events found!