Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 20th, 2014 10:00

unwanted stripes on my printing

I am suddenly getting orange-ish strips across everything I print!

I have cleaned, aligned, and tested several times.  Disconnected and reconnected the printer.  Tried different kinds of paper.  Wiped the cartridges clean.  Closed and reopened the Print Center.

Even the test pages print the orange stripes.

Any help?

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

January 21st, 2014 02:00

philtomlinson55,

Does this happen when you copy a document under the glass? Black and white and color?

Sounds like you have a problems with the color Dell Series 5 ink cartridge. Dell Series 5 ink cartrisges have the printhead attached, so if there is a problem, replacing the cartridge will correct the problem.

Unplug the printer from the wall. Now remove the power brick from the printer for 60 seconds. This will reset any error message the printer is getting. Plug the printer back in.

Turn on the printer. Open up the printer and take out the black cartridge and reseat it. Do the same for the color cartridge. Now close the printer and it will print an alignment page. Any error messages?

If you still get the error message, then it's possible that the sensor in the Dell Series 5 ink cartridge is bad. If this is a new Dell Series 5 ink cartridge, then take it back to the place of purchase for a replacement or refund.

black = black side(left)                               color = color side(right)

photo cartridge = black side(left               color = color side(right)

Dell Series 5 ink cartridges have a sensor in them that cannot be reset. Article on refilling Dell ink cartridges.

Dell Series 5 ink cartridges can be purchased at Staples, Walmart or Dell's Website.

It's possible to purchase a Dell Series 5 ink cartridge with a bad sensor. Please take it back to the place of purchase for a replacement.

Rick

January 21st, 2014 05:00

Rick,

Thanks SO much for taking the time to answer! 

I did unplug the printer and pulled the brick.  Reset all that and popped out the cartridges and reset them.  Started getting a "right cartridge incorrect" and nothing I do will make that go away.  So I can't print OR copy anything with one cartridge down (I don't know why they didn't make it so you could at least do black and white!). 

I'm going to guess that you are right about a bad cartridge and since I bought this direct from Dell, I'm going to see if they'll replace it.

Given I have to wait to get the new cartridge, I'm going to mark this "solved" unless you have other thoughts.

Thanks again for you help!   Really appreciate it!

Phil

No Events found!