Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

H

February 4th, 2018 06:00

Dell Backup and Recovery Error at end of first phase

Hi All,

I have an OptiPlex 790 (i3) running a fresh install of Windows 7 Pro 64bit and I am trying to create a Factory Restore Media before updating to Win 10, but without success!

I start the process but when it get to 100% of the first phase, Initialising, it just stops and say an Error Has Occurred.

I first got this when I was trying to create image o 2 x DL DVD's, so I have bought a new 32gb USB stick, but I still get the same error message, and so, can't create a recovery image.

I am using the latest version of DBAR which I believe is 1.9.2.8.  I see you can upgrade to the Premium version for £29.99 (GBP), but A: The menu say I should be able to create the rescue media in the std version, and B: I don't want to waste the £29.99 if I still get the same error!!

I know I could just perform a clean install from the DEL Win10 Disc I have, but I would like to create this image first.

Can anyone help please?

Regards

Dave.

4 Operator

• 

11.1K Posts

February 5th, 2018 12:00

A fresh install of Windows requires installation of drivers starting with chipset. I would do that. I personally don't use DBAR. I use Clonezilla to back up an image of my hard drive to an external drive.
No Events found!