Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 11th, 2012 16:00

Driver needed for webcam

I have an inspiron 14R and need the software for the webcam.  When I go to the device manager, I can see the file for Integrated Webcam, but no file of Dell Webcam in Programs 86.  When I go to support.dell.com and click  on Account and then click Download Factory Installed Software (my Dell Downloads, I still can not get the software.  After clicking to register, it never takes me to the allow button to get the downloads.  Can someone please help me. 

My Software Settings

November 11th, 2012 18:00

Hi,

Internet Explorer with Microsoft .NET Framework version 3.0 or greater is required. If you are using any other browsers you will require a higher version of .NET Framework to run My Dell Downloads or it may not work at all.

To check the version of Microsoft. NET:

--Click Start, Control Panel, and Programs and Features.
--Look for the latest Microsoft .NET Framework, version 3.0 or greater.

If you do not have version 3.0 or greater, please download it from the link below:

http://bit.ly/POlIUL

Ensure that you disable popup blocker and disable protected mode in Internet Explorer otherwise the registration may not take place.

Once you have downloaded .NET Framework, install the Dell Webcam Software from My Dell Downloads. Please follow the steps below to download the software:

1.  Goto Dell’s Support Website:  http://dell.to/9Bx54
  2.  Click “My Account in the upper right corner and sign in with your Dell My Account in the popup box appears on the screen. 
  3.  Under the “My Software section on the right side of the page, click "Download Factory Installed Software (My Dell Downloads)"
  4.  Click the checkbox that agrees to the “Terms and Conditions of the My Dell Downloads website and click “Register System at the bottom of the page.
  5.  At the “My Download Locker” page, select your computer and download “Dell Webcam Central Software”.
  6.  In the “Title section, look for “Dell Webcam Central Software”.
  7.  Select the latest version number in the “Version column. Click the checkbox under the” Download column for this software, and at the bottom of the page click “Download now
  8.  Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation. 
  9. Once the Dell Webcam Software is installed restart the computer.
  10. Once restarted check if it’s working.

Please reply with the results.

Thanks and Regards
Priyanka S
#iworkfordell

No Events found!