Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 18th, 2009 10:00

Flash Player.

My flash player hasn't been working for about a week and i didnt know what to do. So i came onto the Dell Support page and it told me to delete the software and reinstall it. I have deleted it but it will not let me download from adobe.co.uk . I tried talking online with a Dell representative and he just said, "In all likelihood, this must have been caused by some sort of software related corruption." I am stuck on what to do! HELP!!

253 Posts

May 18th, 2009 11:00

Hi there

What is the error message you got when trying to download flash player?

6 Posts

May 23rd, 2009 06:00

It just says this: "Internet Explorer cannot download install_flash_player_ax.exe from fpdownload.adobe.com. Internet Explorer was not able to open this Internet site. tThe requested site is either unavailable or cannot be found. Please try again later." But, I have been trying to do it for about 2 weeks on different external sites aswell but it never works, it always comes up with the same message no matter what.

253 Posts

May 23rd, 2009 12:00

I recorded a video on YouTube, watch it and hit back with result.

Good luck

6 Posts

May 31st, 2009 07:00

i watched it on my sisters computer and when you get to the part were the download box shows up its not the same and it doesnt start the installation.

6 Posts

i cant watch it... i havent got flash player :emotion-6:

14.4K Posts

what browser are you using and what version of windows are you running 32 bit or 64 bit?

6 Posts

June 10th, 2009 14:00

its windows vista 32 bit

i have tried every download on the adobe website that i could possible use and other external websites but its always the same, also when i phone up dell they try to charge me even though i am still under warrenty.

thanks for the help

131 Posts

June 10th, 2009 14:00

Could you download it somewhere else and just save it to a USB key to install from?

Can you download anything?

10 Elder

• 

44.3K Posts

June 11th, 2009 17:00

Try doing a System Restore using the latest restore point available before the problem started. Personal files will be ok, but any software (or updates) originally installed after the date used for the System Restore will have to be reinstalled.

If that doesn't fix it, you may want to read this about uninstalling Flash and the ActiveX component. Then reboot and try downloading/installing again.

Ron

No Events found!