Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 16th, 2014 12:00

INSPIRON: Sleep/Wake-up/Starting-up/Shutting-Down Problem + Admin. privileges + Crashing + Slow Start-up Problem + Slow Laptop + Catalyst Center Problem + Thread-Stuck-In-Device-Driver + lot's of errors.

Dear All,

Specs:  8GB RAM, i7, 1TB hard-disk (or is it called hard-drive?), 2 GB graphics card. [Brand New Laptop] Inspiron 15R 5537

Warranty & next-business-day? : Yes

Can Dell Help You? : Nop

Date of when problems happened: 1 week after purchase.

Problems:

1)  Sleep/Wake-up/Starting-up/Shutting-Down Problem:

After the laptop sleeps, after leaving it for 5 minutes, the laptop will not ever recover, the display remains black & if it does recover it doesn't show me the lock-screen to login. Pressing the power button to wake it up doesn't help.

If I shut-down the laptop, the laptop screen will go black but the system will not really shutdown, it will remain open. Moreover, if I start up the laptop after it was shut down the screen will remain black (turned off) but the system will be running. In both cases I have to force the laptop to shutdown by actually pressing the power button for more than 5 seconds.

2) Administrator privileges:

When I tried to first time upgrade to windows 8.1 it told me that I have to login to an admin acc but actually I was on my admin acc. However, after I saw on the forum a solution I tried it & worked. However, now when I tried to install a printer & wanted to print something an error pop-uped to me saying I don't have admin privileges.

3) Crashing:

The laptop keeps on crashing from time to time & my whole work disappears.

4) Slow Start-up Problems:

After starting-up the laptop it takes the laptop 3 minutes to show me my files on the desktop & to show me their logo's. Moreover, after hibernation I lose all my work too.

5) Slow laptop:

although the specs of my laptop are 8GB RAM, i7, 1TB hard-disk (or is it called hard-drive?), 2 GB graphics card it takes it a lot of time to open files I command it to open.

6) Catalyst center

7) Thread-Stuck-In-Device-Driver + lot's of errors.

8) Lots of other errors.

Why can't DELL help you?: 

They want information, about technicians name/address under which laptop was bought from dell, about my home country electronic retail shop.

Justification?:
A new laptop customer should be able to register the laptop under his name as soon as it opens & not refer back to electronic giant retail companies who don't want to disclose sensitive information or are hard to contact. By this way the next business day & warranty is useless.

Transfer of ownership?
If you have no information about electronic giant retail how can a person do it?

Register laptop?
Country not listed.

Number of DELL laptops you own: 8

Thinking of changing brands?

After such a strong loyalty to DELL I finally feel insulted, humiliated, rejected & unwanted. The lack of help & lack of proactive stance by DELL is making me feel bad & thinking of switching to a different more helpful brand. Probably, a company that is more proactive in helping customers & recalling fixing issues whether in terms of recalls or upgrades. The silly reason for why I can't be helped is because I don't know information under which my giant retail store bought it under. This is kind of policy is a blockage to customer support. [look up for suggested method of dealing with this problem]. I hate seeing DELL treating me this way, with this kind of attitude people in my position & the people around them who look at what we are facing are more like to switch to different brands. As I was working with professional financial programs & peers, it just felt bad that everyone saw what I was running thru & everyone saw an example of how a DELL laptop failed continuously in front of 50 people in my lecture room in the university.

Last but not least, it amazes me that reliable DELL has not come up with solutions & updates. Thought DELL employees & company were more proactive. 

Regards,
AA

1 Message

February 21st, 2015 09:00

I have pretty much all the same problems you have (created by Windows I believe) and although Dell is helping on the phone, I seem to bounce from one problem to the next without ever fixing it entirely.

Wished I'd just stayed with my all laptop on Vista - no issues, same speed as this super spec'ed piece of junk !

No Events found!