Start a Conversation

Unsolved

E

1 Message

January 4th, 2023 06:00

My Dell App Update Installation Loop Returned

Inspiron 16 7610

Inspiron 16 7610

HI, the My Dell App update has come back again with the infinite update loop, with this latest update from today.

I've tried the uninstall fusion, then my dell app, restart computer, reinstall fusion then my dell but same problem coming back.

Any ideas?

ejr012_0-1672841497381.png

1 Message

January 4th, 2023 08:00

This is happening to me too, I've been wasting my time uninstalling, restarting, installing...and the loop is not going away.

January 10th, 2023 04:00

I have the same problem on my XPS 9305. I already reinstalled Fusion Service and My Dell mutiple times and restarted my machine. To me it seems like the Fusion Service or its installer itself is faulty. The now installed version is 2.1.31.00, the previous version was 2.0.58.00. However, the Dell support site still indicates that 2.0.58.00 is the latest version.

The problem: Even if you uninstall My Dell and the upgraded Fusion Service (v.2.1.31), install the older Fusion Service and reinstall My Dell, My Dell will prompt you to upgrade the Fusion Service or will unavoidably close the app. Hence, unless Dell fixes the Fusion Service executable, we're robbed of the functionalities provided by My Dell.

It's now up to Dell to fix it.

3 Posts

January 14th, 2023 04:00

I got the exact same thing on XPS 9710. Wasted time uninstalling and installing fresh without results. I mainly use the My Dell app for the power options. Without the app it is not possible for me to adjust the power settings (applied before the app stopped working).

February 28th, 2023 23:00

Hi,

I finally think, they now fixed the problem. After I encounterd the same problem getting stuck in the installation loop with my XPS 15 yesterday I was able to install the app properly again. Herefore I removed the app and the fusion service, restarted (installed windows updates) and then made a install via the microsoft store. I think they have changed something wether in die fusion service or mydell app to make it work again. 

Hope this works for You

Kind regards,

Nils

2 Intern

• 

346 Posts

April 17th, 2023 01:00

Double-click the .exe file downloaded from the Dell support site.
Click install.
On the Welcome screen, click Next.
On the License Agreement screen, select I accept the terms in the license agreement, and then click Next.
On the Begin Install screen, click Install.

No Events found!