Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 26th, 2011 20:00

Okay, I am really confused, and I just want a solid answer.

First and foremost, I have made some necessary changes to this posting, so if there's anything else wrong with it, someone please tell me... thanks. I'm sorry for any offense I may have caused.

Okay, so I got this program a long time ago called "MalwareBytes Anti-Malware." NEVER did I dream that this program was going to arouse so much suspicion!!! I was talking to a Dell representative. Here's what happened: I originally downloaded the program to delete a bunch of viruses & malware that ended up on my sister's computer. I also put it on my own computer, and it started advertising to me that I could buy the "full version" of the product, and there was a free 10-day trial available with no obligations to earn the trial. I read a great number of reviews about it online, and found that the full version of the product was very good. ACTIVE PROTECTION, AUTOMATIC UPDATES, ETC. So I go through and purchase it for my laptop, my dad's computer, and my desktop computer. Not only that, I made sure that it was official and from the creators of the ORIGINAL MalwareBytes scanner. Using reliable methods, I verified that MalwareBytes PRO is LEGIT.

Where the confusion sets in is what I was told. "You paid for MalwareBytes? That was a SCAM." Apparently, the "software experts" that I talked with are saying that MalwareBytes PRO is not a legitimate antivirus product. I wanted to hear what you guys thought about it... It looks very legit. In fact, some of the reviews I read online said that they had tested the program, and the defense mechanism was doing its job.

So, here's my big question... Is MalwareBytes PRO a scam (when it looks perfectly legitimate to me, check out https://store.malwarebytes.org/342/purl-consumer?x-source=website&x-action=index_page) or is it legit antivirus? I read on the MalwareBytes site from a moderator that you can actually use the full version of MBAM in conjunction with AVG, provided you copy and paste a few files onto the "exception list." I tried that, and it seems to run fine! So, I just want my question answered... is it or is it not a legitimate protection service...? Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,

Allen

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

December 27th, 2011 03:00

I have and use the Pro (paid) version of Malwarebytes.  It is a legitmate malware/spyware program.  My Malwarebytes Pro is set to automatically update and to a scan every day at a designated time (7am).   There is a rogue program that goes under a similar name, but what you have is the real thing.  

2 Posts

December 28th, 2011 18:00

Honestly, I hope Dell sees this posting. I was told by them that I got scammed. I'm not sure how we got confused as regards that program, but we did.

348 Posts

December 28th, 2011 19:00

I have never used the Pro Version but my work does include MBAM along with tools like Combofix, HiJackThis and I've never needed the pro version, maybe a scam as far as do you really need it, but seems a legit paid version.

I guess its the same argument as do you need fully paid AVG when the free one does the job ?

No Events found!