Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 30th, 2011 08:00

Outlook 2010 Won't Open

My Outlook 2010 has stopped working and I'm getting an error message, "Cannot Start Microsoft Outlook. Unable to Open Window". I use Windows 7. I've already tried  the standard fix of deleting the XLM file that holds the navigation pane by going to my Start menu and searching for "outlook.exe /resetnavpane", but all I come up with is that same error message. I also tried to search "%appdata\Microsoft\Outlook" to find the configuration file, but again just get that original error message.  I'm able to access my email via my iPhone, but not getting anywhere on my Dell Studio 1558. Help! 

4 Operator

• 

3.7K Posts

July 30th, 2011 10:00

My Outlook 2010 has stopped working and I'm getting an error message, "Cannot Start Microsoft Outlook. Unable to Open Window". I use Windows 7. I've already tried  the standard fix of deleting the XLM file that holds the navigation pane by going to my Start menu and searching for "outlook.exe /resetnavpane", but all I come up with is that same error message. I also tried to search "%appdata\Microsoft\Outlook" to find the configuration file, but again just get that original error message.  I'm able to access my email via my iPhone, but not getting anywhere on my Dell Studio 1558. Help! 

Have you see this fix from the Microsoft forumns,

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/outlook/thread/a111e6d8-491f-449e-9b57-1b77f99e9aad

No Events found!