Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 1st, 2009 17:00

Roxio Question on New Studio Desktop

I have ordered a Studio Desktop, (shipped, but not delivered, yet) and I noticed on the order "sheet" that is comes with Roxio 1.0.

Actually it says,  421-1363 Dell Software, Roxio 1.0.

Is this the latest, or current version of this software?  I beleive that Roxio has newer versions that

they have released.

Or am I wrong?

3 Apprentice

• 

2.6K Posts

November 1st, 2009 22:00

The Roxio/Sonic software versions Dell installs are custom OEM versions - not  comparable to the retail versions.    Plus Dell's descriptions are maddeningly cryptic - Dell's version of "1.0" may have no relationship at all to the available retail versions of the software.

Don't sweat it until you get it.   That software's included by default on all consumer models, so even if it's not as good as you thought it was, be assured you didn't pay extra for it :emotion-1:

1 Message

June 19th, 2010 13:00

I originally had the same question about Dell Roxio 1.0, but from reading Alexandra_P's reply, am I correct in assuming that this software is simply a "poor man's" version of a Roxio software that handles the burning of CDs and DVD's.  Nothing fancier than that.  Thanks for indulging the lack of knowledge of a pre-computer ager.

881 Posts

June 19th, 2010 17:00

That pretty much covers it! It works ok but that is about all I can say about it. I don't do anything fancy so I don't see any need to spend money on better software. If you need more features check on ebay, I have seen quite a bit of software available there.

Jeff

No Events found!