Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 25th, 2009 11:00

Why can't I remove Roxio Crreator Premier SD 10.2

I recently upgraded my harddrive on my Dell Dimension 3000 from a 40GB to a 160GB.  I know it was orginally on my old drive that came with the computer. I never used it. So, I installed the Roxio Creator Premier 10.2 on my new drive just to see what it does.

Well it takes over my computer. I recently tried to remove it. It takes me through the steps to uninstall but when I click remove it starts to install it again and continues to try to install. How can I remove this software devil completely off my computer. Help, it has taken over!!!!

Steve

11 Posts

October 25th, 2009 15:00

Hello Steve,

Roxio is actually uninstalling the software even if it says installing when you try to remove it.

In any case, I would use the Revo Uninstaller to remove it. It's a large bulky program that is

difficult to remove.... http://www.revouninstaller.com/

11 Posts

October 25th, 2009 16:00

Hi Steve,

I'm sorry, it does look as if I was saying that revo uninstaller is bulky and is also hard to

remove from the computer once it's installed.  My bad, I meant that  Roxio is  bulky and

hard to remove, not Revo. The full software is included in the download link and it's a

light weight and very handy piece of software.

You are allheart for answering me. I thought that Roxio might be uninstalling while it said installing, but it was not, it was loading program options for me to choose.

Now you say the revouninstaller is bulky and is also hard to remove from my computer once it's installed? I went to the Revo site, and it says its completely free. I tried some of these "free" software and usually you don't get the full product and then you have to pay to upgrade and get the full version.

Thanks bunches,

Steve

Thanks so much. That program took over my computer to the point when I was backing up some new music files to my external drive recently I was perplexed because they weren't showing up. By accident I opened the Roxio program and saw the files were there and I never designated Roxio to be my music storage. Wasn't able to move them to the external drive from there. Weird huh?

Steve

No Events found!