Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

B

April 8th, 2013 10:00

missing adobe software and disk burning software

Hi

I bought an Inspiron 660 at Costco specifically for the Adobe Photoshop and Premiere Elements programs listed on the box. I'm not able to locate them anywhere. Same for any disk burning software. I was looking for a way to contact Dell directly about it but couldn't find any. Is this forum the method to use?

Thanks

Rich

1.5K Posts

April 9th, 2013 02:00

Hi Rich,

If the system is purchased from Dell with Adobe Photoshop and premier elements, you may install the software through Dell Digital Delivery application. Please refer to the link: http://dell.to/ZyOv5N, click ‘Download File’ and follow the on screen instructions.

If the system is shipped with Windows 8, you may not find any complimentary disk burning software with the system.

However, if any disk burning software is shipped with the system, you may install it from my dell downloads. For more information, please refer to the link: http://dell.to/ZKDes1

Hope this helps. Please reply with the findings. I would be glad to assist further.

5 Posts

April 9th, 2013 09:00

Hi Amogh,

The system is Windows 8. I found the burning software in the Media Suite package so that issue is solved.

The first link to get the Adobe software failed on me. I noticed the Inspiron 660 was not in the list of supported units displayed during the installation. It blamed a network error. If we don't get this issue addressed soon, I am returning the computer to Costco and I will avoid Dell from now on.

Rich

Feedback to pass up the chain:

I can't believe the minimal information found in the box. We've bought a number of Dell computers over the years and this packaging shows that it is no longer an acceptable option. As a business, we need to get a computer into service with a minimal amount of time and action. We also need to have the support discs and manuals that will allow the machine to be wiped clean and reinstalled when necessary. There are no OS discs or even a product key in sight. This machine was over $500, not a bottom of the line unit.

1.5K Posts

April 11th, 2013 08:00

Hi Rich,

I understand your concern. I checked the link and it seems it’s compatible with Inspiron 660 system. At times an error message may pop up during installation which is generally caused by settings like firewall, security etc.

You may run the file attached below to reset Dell Digital delivery and try to install it from the link I provided earlier.

Keep me posted with the results. I will be glad to assist further.

5 Posts

April 11th, 2013 10:00

Hi Amogh,

You're right. On a second look, I did see the 660 in the link. Sorry.

I don't see an attached file you mentioned.

I ran the install again to get you the complete error:

A network error occurred while attempting to read from the file: C:\Dell\Drivers\8Y3C0\DellDigitalDelivery.msi

Thanks for your help.

Rich

1.5K Posts

April 12th, 2013 04:00

Hi Rich,

Thank you for the reply. It seems that the reset file was not attached properly. I’m sending the file again as an attachment. Please run the file and install the Dell Digital Delivery:

http://en.community.dell.com/cfs-file.ashx/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/3526/5811.ResetDDDSettings_5F00_v4.0.zip

Hope this helps. Please reply with the findings. 

5 Posts

April 12th, 2013 08:00

I ran the reset file, Amogh, and got no errors. Then I clicked the link to download the digital delivery file and overwrote the files at each instance. I got the same error.

Thanks,

Rich

1.5K Posts

April 15th, 2013 08:00

Hi Rich,

Please provide me the Service Tag and the name as it appears on the account via private message (click my username and then click Start Conversation) so I may access your records and check for further course of action.

I would be glad to assist you further.

1.5K Posts

May 2nd, 2013 06:00

Hi Rich,

Thank you for the reply. I’m glad that finally you are able to install adobe programs on the system. As far as back up is concerned, you may save the adobe files on the system and then either burn it on a disk or save it directly on a flash drive.

Although, you can always reinstall Adobe directly from DDD.

Please reply for any further queries. I will be glad to assist.

5 Posts

January 13th, 2014 12:00

I don't have a clear memory of what was done, but I believe the Dell technician (Amogh G) had to log onto the computer, install a file and change some settings before it worked. He responded to me through this forum so maybe a tech will respond to your question - or you may have to post one with your specific issues.

Good news is it was eventually fixed. It took a little time though.

Good Luck.

Rich

1 Message

January 13th, 2014 12:00

I have the same issue installing the DDD. How did you fix it?

No Events found!