Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 3rd, 2014 04:00

windows 7 ultimate require drivers during setup

Dear dell  technical team

Good afternoon

i have N5050 DELL laptop , its  harddrive crushed, hitachi 320gig, so i have replaced  it by Toshiba 500gig hardrive, so want to setup window 7 ultimate on new TOSHIBA harddrive but keeps asking for drivers.  i have tried to install them during setup ,using  dell drivers that came with the laptop , there nothing happening. my laptop before it was using window 7 starter edition, i have  tried restore the laptop using image disk from window 7 starter edition  that i have made, but it has some error. i need new cd to restore my laptop and  what can i do solve the proplem.

thank in   you in advance

9 Legend

• 

16.3K Posts

October 3rd, 2014 10:00

If you want help from Dell, you will need to CALL them, if your system is still under warranty.

What is the EXACT message regarding drivers that you are seeing when you boot to the installation DVD?

9 Legend

• 

16.3K Posts

October 3rd, 2014 12:00

There is a 99% chance your Windows DVD is bad.  Download a new image from here:
http://msft.digitalrivercontent.net/win/X17-59465.iso

I don't longer have have warranty

I only said that to let you know that is a user-to-user forum - it is not an official avenue of support with Dell, nor does Dell Support reps often post here.

4 Posts

It says " A REQUIRED CD/DVD DRIVE DRIVER IS MISSING. IF YOU HAVE A DRIVER FLOPPY DISK,CD DVD,OR USB FLASH DRIVE,PLEASE INSERT IT NOW.note: if the media windows installation media is in CD/DvD drive, you can. Safely remove it for this step"

4 Posts

I don't longer have have warranty

No Events found!