Start a Conversation

Unsolved

AS

3 Posts

November 30th, 2018 02:00

HOW TO REINSTALL WINDOWS SERVER 2003 OS TO POWEREDGE T310?

Dear all,

configuration details: Raid config - RAID 5, Total hard drive - 3 no's (SAS EACH 600 GB). server - DELL POWEREDGE T310.

PROBLEM: Recently 2 no's hard drive failed, I changed failed hard drive one by one and then rebuild hard drive automatically. Once rebuilding and restarted then found windows file corrupted. so I want to reinstall OS.

Any possibility for windows repair?

or

could please anyone help me about how to reinstall WINDOWS SERVER 2003 OS to DELL POWEREDGE T310?

Thanks & Regards,

Anbu selvan

• 

6.2K Posts

November 30th, 2018 09:00

Hello

The biggest issue with installing 2003 is that it doesn't have native SAS drivers. You must manually install drivers, and it will only accept drivers from a floppy. You will either need to slipstream your controller drivers or use some type of floppy emulation to load the driver. I checked the T310 support page and I didn't see the F6 utility listed. You may be able to find it on the support page of an older system. The F6 utility allows you to format a USB drive to emulate a floppy.

The best and easiest option would be to use the Systems Build and Update Utility. It is an image that you can boot from to prepare the disk for OS installation. It should pre-load the necessary drivers. After it has prepared the disk it will prompt you to insert the OS installation disc. You can find the SBUU under the systems management category on the support page.

http://www.dell.com/support/

Thanks

December 3rd, 2018 06:00

Dear DELL-Daniel My Thank you for your valuable reply. I hope and I will solve this problem as soon as possible.

December 9th, 2018 21:00

Dear DELL-Daniel, Thank you so much for you valuable information. Actually i have CD (Systems Build and Update Utility). during startup i inserted CD (Systems build and update utility) and after just i followed the steps. easy to use, now windows server 2003 running smoothly. No issues. Thanks, Anbu selvan.

1 Message

August 30th, 2020 09:00

I just had to rebuild my server. It's been so long since the last time, I had forgotten about the build utility. Thanks for the info..

Lynn

No Events found!