Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 6th, 2018 06:00

Lifecyle Controller link in F2 menu greyed out.

Hello DELL and the rest. New user, glad to be here :-).

At start-up, I can no longer enter the "Lifecycle Controller" settings via F2 => "iDRAC settings" on an R720xd system. The option is suddenly greyed-out after having been in it successfully once after an iDRAC upgrade failed with the "OSD35 Lifecycle Controller is not enabled message". We tried resetting the iDRAC and also installed the latest ver. 2.60.60.60 by command line, but the problem re-appeared, when we also tried to upgrade the BIOS via the iDRAC web tool. It was when I took the system down once more to double-check the setting, that the option to enter the "Lifecycle Controller" settings via F2 => "iDRAC Settings" was suddenly greyed-out. We did exactly as the OSD35 error message informed us to do, so what to do now?

Thx!

• 

6.2K Posts

August 6th, 2018 09:00

Hello

The LCC requires a functional iDRAC. I suggest making sure the iDRAC is fully functional. If there are any issues with the iDRAC you should resolve those first. If the issue persists with all iDRAC issues resolved then you can try taking the system to minimum-to-POST and drain flea power. You can also try other methods to update the system BIOS. We usually have a DOS executable BIOS update available. You can find information about clearing NVRAM in the system manual.

http://www.dell.com/support/

Thanks

9 Posts

January 2nd, 2019 02:00

Clearing NVRAM from within BIOS worked. Thx.

No Events found!