Start a Conversation

Unsolved

D

1 Rookie

• 

48 Posts

January 16th, 2020 12:00

Repository Manager/ Dell R610 - dosnt exist?

Hey all!,

So im trying to upgrade remotely my server to Version 6.6.0 from 6.4.0

Its running EXSI 6.7, I have tryed running the bios file but get access denied via shell, when running USC it says i need to use a windows repo but im not able to do this as its at the data center is miles from me, Idrac access i have and can mount Image.

when running Repository Manager it doesn't exist the R610 model?, im a bit stuck on this regards id like to update all the firmware as well.

Any advice would be nice or if someone can provide a bootable iso for it.
Untitled2.png

Cheers

Oliver.

• 

8.7K Posts

January 16th, 2020 17:00

Hi,

You can try this version from the lifecycle controller firmware update. The 32 bit version. https://dell.to/2FZeImc

The older version of the repository manager should have the R610. https://dell.to/30ArykA

1 Rookie

• 

48 Posts

January 17th, 2020 17:00

Hey Josh,

I've tried this with no joy, the older version doesn't include the R610 as its looking at your site? seems to be no longer supported Gen11's? My server is still going strong after 9years!

USC seems to be stuck now its been on the loading screen for a good 2 hours and I've tried repairing.

I had tried to make a USB image bootable but still nope. the support image will take hours to upload on 10mb connection at 14gb? , so my options are very limited.

Would you be able to provide the Bios update in bootable linux form? it would be very much appreciated.

Let me know if you have any other advise.

Kind regards

Oliver.

3 Apprentice

• 

943 Posts

January 29th, 2020 11:00

Did you get this resolved? what idrac version do you have?

#Iwork4Dell

10 Posts

May 30th, 2020 07:00

Sorry to glom onto this thread, but I'm having a similar issue where I'm trying to update the BIOS on a PE R610 and I have tried a number of ways and they all fail for one reason or another. I got the repository manager and I have the same issue as the original poster, in that the R610 isn't listed as an option. I've found an older version of the manager, but when I run it and try and sync the DB, I always get a non-descript error.  Anywhere we can download or get hold of some Linux update file?  I'm running ESXi on my hosts.

July 30th, 2020 10:00

Hi,

I'm having the same issue not finding any updates for PE610 series. It's a pain having to do the one by one.
I've also tried to roll back to earlier DRM versions with no luck.

Please escalate this issue and reinstated the wonderful 610 into repository.

//Ray - DCSE

No Events found!