Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 23rd, 2022 07:00

hacMouse and keyboard not workin during boot or BIOS screen

I have a problem with a Dell Poweredge R440. Mouse and keyboard don't work during boot or BIOS setup. The same problem with virtual console or local inputswith a physical keyboard and mouse. 

After windows is started it works. What is the problem?? I reset the iDRAC to default and I even updated the BIOS to 2.15.1 and the problem still there. With latest iDRAC 5.X.X.X.

September 26th, 2022 02:00

Finally it is working. The problem was the static, I made the discharge procedure and finally I can configure BIOS from the virtual console.

https://www.dell.com/community/Laptops-General-Read-Only/Draining-static-charge-procedure/td-p/1740772

• 

8.8K Posts

September 23rd, 2022 12:00

Robert_Labman,

Would you do me a favor and confirm for me if the mice and keyboard are directly attached to the server, and if not, how are they connected? 
Also are they wireless or bluetooth? 
I ask as it sounds like the HII/BIOS drivers might not be working well with them, and once the OS loads the correct drivers are being used.

Let me know.

September 24th, 2022 00:00

First the server was in a rack without mouse and keyboard connected and the problem was detected in Virtual console connection. This happens in any king of connection, HTML5, eHTML, java, vnc. Them i testes with physical mouse and keyboard and the same problem.

I looked for any parameter in BIOS or iDRAC but i couldn't find anything.

4 Operator

• 

3K Posts

September 25th, 2022 04:00

On iDRAC GUI under Virtual Console settings page can you check "Keyboard/Mouse Attach State". If it is in Detach state can you change to Attach or Auto Attach state. 

September 26th, 2022 00:00

I tested in both "auto-atach" and "attached". Is not working.

As I said one windows is started it works so this is not the problem.

No Events found!