Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 21st, 2013 18:00

LICENSE RECOVERPOINT

Hello, my customer bought in the last year the recoverpoint/se with the license capacity of 300TB license and he are using clariion splitter with one cx4-480 in production site and one cx3-20 on the recovery site, now the customer will buy one vnx-5500 for change the cx3-20 of the recovery site the question is, I need sell the remote protection package of the vnx-5500 or I can use the existent recoverpoint/se 300TB license???

Thanks.

Everton

1K Posts

May 22nd, 2013 06:00

The RP/SE license is registered based on the arrays serial numbers. Since the cx3-20 will be replaced by the VNX I recommend you open a service request and ask them to re-generate the license key using the VNX serial number instead of the cx3-20. You still need to make sure the VNX has the RecoverPoint splitter loaded of course.

1 Rookie

• 

11 Posts

May 22nd, 2013 19:00

Ok Ernes thanks by your response, So in this case I will still use the existent recoverpoint/se I don't need buy remote protection softwares with the VNX to get new licenses of the recoverpoint/se to VNX? I will just re-generate license key using VNX serial number.

1K Posts

May 23rd, 2013 04:00

I think you do since that remote protection software gives you the RecoverPoint enabler on the VNX. Without it you will not get the enabler for RecoverPoint.

1.1K Posts

May 23rd, 2013 11:00

Hi Everton,

You will need to purchase RP/SE for the new arrays.

Regards,

Richard

No Events found!