Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 19th, 2015 03:00

Replication transport protocol

Hi,

first of all sorry for my english. I would know if is possible to change replication protocol from udp to tcp.

Thanks in advance

675 Posts

February 19th, 2015 07:00

Yes, please open a service request stating that you need WAN optimization disabled in order to use TCP replication. This can be done non-disruptively.

Note that you would still need UDP for inter-site communication although replication would be done via TCP if not using WAN optimization.

Regards,

Idan

675 Posts

February 19th, 2015 04:00

Hi Marco,

So, from RP v4.1.0 (excluding RP4VM 4.2) with the WAN Optimization feature, RP will use UDP for inter-site communication (in case of IP WAN) and revert to TCP if needed.

When replicating in TCP in any RP version, UDP is still being used for inter-site communication.

Please refer to the RP security configuration guide for the exact list of required ports.

Hope that helps,

Idan

27 Posts

February 19th, 2015 05:00

Hi Ldan,

thanks for your answer. My customer use IP WAN and has a problem with replication. The provider says that he can't analyze the traffic because the replication is UDP so he asks to customer if is possibile change the udp in tcp traffic.

Is it possibile to disable Wan optimization feature?

Thanks in advance

Marco

27 Posts

February 19th, 2015 07:00

Hi Ldan,

thank you for your support and time you have dedicated me. Now i'm going to open a SR.

No Events found!