Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

A

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

October 31st, 2013 04:00

Can I replicate a SAP HANA data to another VNX?

Dears,

Can I replicate data from Cisco-EMC base-Bundle for SAP HANA to another DR site with VNX5300 but non-Cisco-EMC base-bundle?

Thank you

Wallace

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

October 31st, 2013 08:00

Hi Wallace,

In order to be able to replicate and failover SAP HANA to the DR Site then the Cisco-EMC base-Bundle is a prerequisite.

• For each source array (Unified or Block), a corresponding destination array must exist at the destination site and
    initialized with appropriate IP addresses and array names.
  • Each source and destination array must have the MirrorView/S enabler installed

• Cisco UCS Blades, Fabric Interconnects and Nexus Switches must be installed and configured at the target site so that the HANA database can be started at the destination site after a failover

For more details you can see the following whitepaper:

https://community.emc.com/docs/DOC-27957

I hope that answers your question.

Best Regards,

Donagh

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

October 31st, 2013 10:00

Hi Donagh!

I understood this solution for a failover but I don't understand why we must have a Cisco-EMC base-Bundle on remote site for a fallback. I supposed that a only VNX will be enough to replicate the data.

Thank you for attention.

Regards,

Wallace

24 Posts

November 14th, 2013 06:00

Wallace,

The SAP appliance model and SAP Certification requires a set up that was tested by EMC and validated by SAP.  You are correct that the target storage is VNX but the same as source and what was tested and certified.  In a failure, SAP in appliance model does not let anything else run on the target array.  The Cisco compute can either be used for a HANA test / DEV system at the remote location and utilized for the production load on failure or the Cisco compute can be just waiting in scenario where only HANA production at Remote site.

I hope I answered question. 

1 Message

November 20th, 2013 22:00

It was nice and it was very useful for me as well as useful for sap hana learners.thanks for providing this valuable information.

No Events found!