Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 29th, 2016 16:00

Boot OS with SDS services stopped

Hello,

I have a 4-node SDS setup running for testing purposes; in each node, only a single NIC port is being used (1Gbps).

I want to change the networking config (I want to explore different bonding options), but I do not want to start ScaleIO services unless everything is ok at the network layer.

I have looked at the services (chkconfig --list) but it seems there are no ScaleIO-specific services. How do I (1) prevent ScaleIO from running while I try the bonding alteratives and (2) allow ScaleIO to run again?

6 Posts

March 31st, 2016 08:00

1) What version are you currently running?
2) Are you trying to preserve the data on the node while you make your changes?

3) Is the device you plan on testing with only functioning as an SDS?

Each component does indeed have a service that corresponds to it. If you are rolling centOS, check out each one by going to /opt/emc/scaleio/"type"/bin

So if i wanted to stop the sds - /opt/emc/scaleio/sds/bin/delete_service.sh

Start it up - /opt/emc/scaleio/sds/bin/create_service.sh

If you look inside of the script you can find out what the service name for each component is called for easy management later:

BIN_DIR=`dirname $0`

cd $BIN_DIR

BIN_DIR=`\pwd`

DAEMON_BIN=$(cat $DAEMON_NAME_FILE)

DAEMON_NAME=$(basename $(dirname $BIN_DIR))

systemctl daemon-reload

systemctl start $DAEMON_NAME.service

So we know it's "component name".service

[root@sio61 bin]# service sds start/stop/restart

If you are on version 2.0 you might look into putting your sds in maintenance mode while you make your changes.

Hope that's helpful!

2 Posts

March 31st, 2016 11:00

Thanks, Ivan I will try; I've already looked at *.sh at /etc/init and I think what you say makes sense. To answer your questions:

1)

OS: CentOS 6.7 (so "service sds ..." fails with "sds: unrecognized service")

ScaleIO 1.32.2

2) No, I do not mind loosing data, but I hope I won't (I will do an scli --inactivate ... before shutting the services)

3) I am not sure if this is what you asked, but in my setup clients are fully separated from servers (no "hyperconverged" lingo here... :-)

Best Regards

6 Posts

March 31st, 2016 20:00

You might take a shot at systemctl:

systemctl start/stop/restart sds/mdm/lia for management

systemctl disable/enable sds/mdm/lia for service state

Since you are still testing, you might check out 2.0, tons of new goodies (especially in the management GUI) to play around with.

No Events found!