Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

November 28th, 2012 01:00

EMC SOURCEONE INSTALL

Hi everybody,

I follow the steps bellow to install SOURCEONE 4.8 with SP1 (As displayed on the attached screenshot)  on cluster windows 2008 R2 enterprise SP2/SQL 2008 Enterprise SP3 with messenging servers running Domino 8.5.2 on Redhat Linux 5.2

Review Pre-Requisites ==>DONE

Review Design and Architecture ===> SourceOne Will be on SQL cluster 2008 SP3 enterprise and Windows 2008 R2 Enterprise .

Collected Customer Environment information===> I will implement a test Policies/Activities and we will decide after.

Downloaded latest Installation software from Powerlink===> Done

Install DB's ===> Done SQL 2008 enterprise With SP3===> Done

Configure DB Permission

Installed the following SourceOne services:

Console, Master, Worker, Archive, Web, Search, Mobile

Setup notes client

Configure Global Settings

Configure Archive, Index & MsgCtr Shares and Permissions

Create Tasks

Communicate info to Customer for Client Install

Initial Ingestion Test

Create Historical Ingestion Task

Initial Short Test

All SourceOne components are installed on the same cluster.

Can someone confirm that this is correct ?

1 Attachment

272 Posts

November 29th, 2012 21:00

I'm a bit confused.

Did you install SourceOne on the SQL Cluster or just the SourceOne Databases on the SQL Cluster?

Who did your SourceOne Design?

1 Message

November 29th, 2012 21:00

1- you have to test archiving  ,retriving and shortcutting on a test mailbox 2-eable logging on archiving and shortcutting 3- check logs on the jobs , event log and the log files of archiving and shortcutting policies , this will proof you are on the right way or not

13 Posts

November 30th, 2012 01:00

Hi Gary,

Thanks a lot for your answer . I install SourceOne Email Management Software on an SQL Cluster - I mean all databases Activity ARCHIVE and Search are installed on the SQL Cluster .

And as we don't have additional servers i will install master Services also on this cluster .

The design of the solution was done by a partner consultant of EMC.

13 Posts

December 5th, 2012 15:00

Hi Gary,

I am now reinstalling the hole cluster (SQL and also le master services) on the same servers ; Is this supported ?

Kind regards

272 Posts

December 5th, 2012 15:00

If you have enough resources it will work but I recommend keeping SQL Separate in most cases.

The Master service can be installed clustered but the others were designed to be stand-alone.

The Share File location can also be managed by the cluster.

If this is an Active-Active cluster you can install the other S1 Services on each node as 2 independent S1 Servers.

Be sure you have the appropriate drive resource performance allocated for the share storage locations.

These should have been spec'd out in your design.

13 Posts

December 6th, 2012 23:00

The archive worked and now i will check the shortcut activity.

Kind regards

13 Posts

August 22nd, 2014 08:00

Hi,

It was a long time that i didn't connect i was in sick leave .

I want just to tell you that the shortcut is not working. When i run the restore shortcut activity it works fine .

Can you tell me where we have to configure the link for retriving shortcuted messages ?

thanks in advance .

600 Posts

August 24th, 2014 17:00

Greetings,

It would be quicker if you open an service request with EMC support team. They could check if your configuration is correct or not. In case configuration would need any changes they would be able to recommend it.

To answer your question that where shortcut resolution gets configured, in IBM Lotus Domino environment you need to install EMC SourceOne Shortcut extensions on the Domino servers. Instructions are provided in the EMC SoureceOne Email Management Install Guide.

There are few different things to be checked for shortcut resolution due to which I suggested working with support.

Thanks,

Rajan

13 Posts

August 25th, 2014 01:00

Hi,

I tried to open a case with EMC support Team but due to some reasons (I don't know why !!!) they told me that they can't so on the case due to installation problem . Even if i did it as described into guides .

Any suggestions please !!!

600 Posts

August 26th, 2014 00:00

Hi,

I am not sure why would that be the statement. I am unsure which GEO you are located in otherwise might have asked the support leads in that region to help when SR from you comes through. You may as well use the chat available on support.emc.com site.

In short in domino following is how things are meant to work:

1. Domino server should have shortcut extensions installed from SourceOne. That helped to trap the messages when users open them to see if shortcut needs to be resolved from SourceOne.

2. The way it does this is that in names.nsf on the domino server, there will be a contact called SourceOne Shortcut. When you open that you should see under others tabs that there is hostname of the SoureceOne server with Web Services role installed. Make sure that hostname is correct.

3. the query will be posted to that hostname using an HTTP request so it would look like http://SourceOneServername/..............

4. If user will have owner permission within SourceOne mapped folder where the message is archived, then message will be posted back to the ExShortcut.nsf on the domino server which users will see on their screen as well.

Now there are few things to check:

- When user requests shortcut message what happens. It takes few seconds and then fails or straight away ?

- If straight away, makes sure when domino server restarted it initialised SourceOne extension without error messages. You may check logs.nsf for that.

- If on the time of retrieval some time is spent and then and error is seen check if at the same time error is also recorded in logs.nsf as that would give some idea where the issue is.

- If shortcut are working for other users but not for one/few users then we may have to narrow down on the permissions on the mailbox. This could be validating by checking ExShortcut.nsf of the domino server. If no resolution at all then it will be empty otherwise while users try to pull shortcuts there should be some data in that.

There are many other things that gets checked while trouble shooting and these are few of them. Please open an SR and PM me the SR number, I will see if we could help in that matter.

Best regards,

Rajan

114 Posts

September 1st, 2014 07:00

If you're able to perform a archive activity, I assume your system has been set up correctly in the way as it should.

No Events found!