Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 7th, 2013 11:00

Limit ES1Activity growth

Hi all,

I have not found is there´s a way to limit how much time activity jobs are stored in the ES1 Activity database so new jobs get stored using the database space recovered by deleted job db entries.

Does enybody know if this is possible and how?

Thanks in advance!

600 Posts

November 7th, 2013 15:00

Greetings,

Currently EMC do not support deleting entries from ES1Activity Database. There is an request for enhancement that was raised with product management to provide and support this feature.

Logically where we stand today, SourceOne reporting functionality is dependent on the entries in this DB. If entries are gone then there is no way to find who changed what in terms of configuration changes, searches and what kind of through put you were getting from activities. There are other implications too e.g. when an activity is created the main entry could be years old. When you delete data you might end up deleting the parent entry. I have seen customers with journal activities that are now 3 or more years old imagine someone deleting the data from SQL.

Best regards,

Rajan

12 Posts

November 7th, 2013 17:00

Thanks for your answer Rajan,

Yes, I haven´t thought of a parent activity being deleted so adding this feature is not as easy as it may sound.

Thanks again, It was REALLY helpful!

Best regards,

Jose Luis

No Events found!