Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

D

September 24th, 2008 23:00

Message Archived & shortcutted, and cannot retrieve

Hi,

I am facing error message while accessing Archived & Shortcutted message from Client Machine. Below is the error.

"The message selected is archived & shortcutted, and cannot currently be retrieved"
I have also consult the knowledgebase and found below resolution but its not clear to me what will be the exact steps....

Resolution

Customers who experience shortcut related problems, and are using DiskXtender, should always be check the Application log for any DiskXtender related errors. If DiskXtender errors are being logged customers should contact DiskXtender support to resolve the problem(s). Once the errors noted in the Symptoms section were corrected users were able to access shortcutted emails.

Please advice.........

600 Posts

September 25th, 2008 04:00

Hi Abdullah,

If it would be me to rule out DX i will open the same messages in EX Search plug-in to see if I could open messages from there. If we could open message there then problem might be somewhere else, I would start opening users mailbox on the EX server if shortcuts are not resolving on EX server then there are many things to look at.

Make sure there is a connection mailbox present if its exchange environment.

Check all EX services, if everything is in place contact EMC EmailXtender Support and they should be able to help you.

Thanks,
Rajan
No Events found!