Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 26th, 2013 13:00

Removing a mailbox from EmailXtender Archive

I have a mailbox that I would like to remove from the archive.  I can do batch deletes of the messages but is there a way to totally remove a mailbox quickly and easily?

48 Posts

July 29th, 2013 12:00

Hello stanl10,

The only method to remove emails from the EmailXtender archives, is to use the EmailXtender Search Plug-in.

If you do an open, Admin search type, with the mailbox selected, you will find all emails associated with that mailbox.  Make sure you set the results limit, so you don't max out your results.  Once you return all emails, highlight/select all emails in the results pane, right click and select Delete Selected Message(s) from Archive

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Brad

3 Posts

July 29th, 2013 12:00

Brad,

Thanks for the info.  I was hoping to remove the whole mailbox but I can delete messages in batches.

Thanks,

Stan

600 Posts

July 29th, 2013 15:00

Greetings,

I would like to add a caution here. If you delete messages after running search for a mailbox and deleted emails were sent to other users then later on while doing legal discovery for other recipients, you would not be able to search these email. Also to be noted that if you shortcut mailboxes once these emails are deleted then shortcuts will fail to resolve even for other users who were recipients of these emails.

Sourceone provides user level deletion of data but EX didn't have this option.

Regards,

Rajan Katwal

Sent from my iPhone

Please ignore typing mistakes.

3 Posts

July 29th, 2013 15:00

Rajan,

The mailbox/messages I want to remove are duplicates of internal messages sent over a 4 month period.  I inadvertently created and double journaled those internal messages in a production mail database through a journaling mailbox on our Exchange server.  I wanted to remove the entire mailbox but since that isn't a possibility I will have to remove the messages in weekly batches.

Thanks,

Stan

No Events found!