Start a Conversation

Unsolved

M

3 Posts

December 15th, 2018 13:00

AW768 Keyboard failed firmware update

AW768 Keyboard failed firmware update I get this error when I try to run the firmware update

AW768 Keyboard Error.jpg

2 Intern

• 

20.1K Posts

December 15th, 2018 13:00

Keyboards never get firmware updates--Software or driver updates maybe, but rarely. Where did it come from? Firmware updates are for hardware like a router or printer. If you get an error it means it is not for your hardware. KBs are plug and play. This is new model so you should already have the latest drivers. 

Check the driver page and you will not find any firmware update-- 

https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/product-support/product/alienware-pro-gaming-keyboard-aw768/drivers

April 5th, 2019 22:00

There is a firmware updater in the list

July 20th, 2020 23:00

"Keyboards never get firmware updates" !! are you for real? .. This is an official firmware update from DELL ...why would they upload it if it wasn't needed for that specific keyboard?

Kindly ..either you reply with positive input ..or you don't reply at all..!

THANK YOU!

July 21st, 2020 00:00

hey mattmcd31TX here is what u need to do...

first, forget about running that exe file from dell to update ur firmware .. i got another way u can do that..

1-open alienware command center software ... the 1 u installed to edit ur keyboard lights macros ..etc

2-click on FX (top left)

3-click on "edit" above "lighting"

4-click on "settings" next to "macros"

5-click on "update"

now you can see your keyboard version number ..

is it 0039 ? then click update ..

if it is 048  ...  then u r up to date and u don't need to do anything

unless new firmware is up after the current one, which is 0048 ... today is Tue. 21st July 2020

I hope that helps...

1 Message

August 21st, 2020 13:00

That doesn't help. Still cannot find any solution for this problem. I have firmware 0023h

No Events found!