Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 2nd, 2013 02:00

CD/DVD ROM drive not appearing in My Computer

Hello, my CD/DVD ROM drive is not showing up in My Computer. I am trying to download HLDS GA10N 12.7mm SATA Slotload 8X DVDRW, v.A203, A04 driver but instead when I open the driver I receive an error message saying:

Administrator rights are required to update.

If your account dose not have the administrator rights,
please logon to an account which has the administrator rights

what is the next step ? Thanks!

System: Dell Studio 1555 (2009 model)

4 Operator

• 

3.3K Posts

April 2nd, 2013 02:00

Hi ghostanime2001,

For full Administartor access issue refer below link:

http://bit.ly/ifgAnF

Follow below steps which can resolve the issue:

Delete upper filter and lower filters.

REGISTRY EDIT DISCLAIMER:

Important This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore,make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base: 322756 How to back up and restore the registry in Windows : http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756

Follow below steps to delete upper and lower filters.

1. Click Star, and then click All Programs.
  2. Click Accessories, and then click Run.
  3. Type regedit, and then click OK. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Allow.
  4. In the navigation pane, locate and then click the following registry sub key:
    1. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
  5. In the right pane, click Upper Filters.
    1. Note: You may also see an UpperFilters.bak registry entry. You do not have to remove that entry. Click Upper Filters only. If you do not see the Upper Filters registry entry, you still might have to remove the Lower Filters registry entry. To do this, go to step 8.
  6. On the Edit menu, click Delete.
  7. When you are prompted to confirm the deletion, click Yes.
  8. In the right pane, click Lower Filters.
    1. Note If you do not see the Lower Filters registry entry, unfortunately this content cannot help you any further. Go to the "Next Steps" section for information about how you can find more solutions or more help on the Microsoft Web site.
  9. On the Edit menu, click Delete.
  10. When you are prompted to confirm the deletion, click yes.
  11. Exit Registry Editor.
  12. Restart the computer.

If upper filters and lower filters are still missing you can go ahead and run the Microsoft fixit.

I have provided a link to run Microsoft Fixit:

http://bit.ly/c3mM46

Awaiting your response!

No Events found!