Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 1st, 2014 21:00

Data recovery after blue screen error?

My previous HD in my Dell XPS410 desktop gave me a blue screen error saying "unmountable boot volume". I tried to do the chkdsk scan but that just stayed on "examining bus" message. Is it still possible to recover data from that HD? It wasn't making any noise just the error message.

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

userx_076

One of the easiest procedures for transferring the files and folders, is to remove the hard drive from the XPS 410 and using an USB adaptor similar to THIS then attach the hard drive to an USB port on a working computer, then try transfering the files and folders to it.

Note: Only data files and folders can be transfered, any applications, utlities and programs, need to be reinstalled from their CD's, or downloaded from the publisher's website.

Bev.

17 Posts

Thanks. I have a friend working on it. I think this is what he has. The last time my drive was clicking and he couldn't get it. I just wanted to know if there was a chance.

I ended up getting that HD with the 5 year warrenty too. I'm looking forward to getting my desktop working again.

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

September 2nd, 2014 07:00

userx_076

You are welcome.

Bev.

No Events found!