Go to Solution

December 26th, 2017 10:00

[Dell Inspiron 5675]Cannot change my boot order

I recently bought a Dell Inspiron 5675 with the following specs;

Ryzen 7 1700

RX 580

16GB Memory 2400Mhz

1TB HDD

I just upgraded my main storage from HDD to SSD using a Samsung 850 Evo 250GB  and their Data Migration software. It managed to copy everything fine, up until it came around time to reboot. I noticed it wasn’t booting from the SSD and the HDD instead (which still has all my system files on it.) I was under the impression it would remove all those files and make my SSD priority to boot from. After searching around my BIOs (the rig is running InsydeH20 1.3.4) I noticed I cannot change the boot priority order for my computer. I have searched for answers everywhere and nothing has helped. This is pretty much my last stop ‘cause I keep getting “there are errors with your driver restart pc to fix” whenever I boot up windows from my SSD.

15 Posts

December 27th, 2017 08:00

Enter the BIOS with F2.  Go to the Boot Tab and enter "UEFI Boot:".  Change the boot order with F5/F6.

December 26th, 2017 12:00

The SSD isn’t the issue. The issue I’m having is changing my boot priority, which I can’t find in my BIOS/UEFI settings

4 Operator

• 

11.1K Posts

December 26th, 2017 12:00

Are you sure that the Samsung software formatted the SSD to GPT?  

4 Operator

• 

11.1K Posts

December 26th, 2017 14:00

If you say so.

I have not seen a BIOS or UEFI in which the boot priority cannot be changed.

1 Message

December 26th, 2017 15:00

I'm in the middle of the exact same issue right now!  Very annoying.  I made a recovery drive, and I'm about to disconnect my HDD drive and reboot with only the SSD in.  If it works I'll see if I can't reconnect the HDD drive as bulk storage.  I read this advice elsewhere, and it seems to be working.

No Events found!