Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 10th, 2015 14:00

Dell Latitude E5420 Restarts and runs a message repeatedly

Randomly while working on my computer or closing the laptop's lid, the computer will shut down and then restart and repeatedly run something like this: 
Broadcom UNDI PXE 2.1 v14.4.5
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2010 Broadcom Corporation
Copyright (C) 1997 - 2000 Intel Corporation
All rights reserved

PXE - E61: Media test failure, check cable
PXE - M0F: Exiting Broadcom PXE ROM

From what I've looked up on some of the forums, they apply to a different model, and I am unsure as to whether if they would apply to this laptop as well. 

Update: I've noticed every time I got to copy/move something to/from the computer to my hard drive, it will lead to the computer going the aforementioned situation

I appreciate the help ahead of time! :)

March 10th, 2015 23:00

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us! Follow the steps below to resolve your problem.

Enter system BIOS by pressing F2 on startup.

Under Boot Options Disable PXE /NIC boot.

Ensure the primary boot device is set to Hard drive.

If the issue is still seen provide the Service Tag for the machine through a private message.Click on my username select start conversation and send me the details and I will look this up.

2 Posts

March 11th, 2015 03:00

The first time I tried, the same situation occurred, but afterwards the most peculiar thing happened. When I changed the port in which the memory unit was plugged into, it worked. It might have been what you mentioned along with the back port in this computer. I really appreciate your help! 

1 Message

April 16th, 2020 05:00

Hello, I have tried this solution, but now I just get a blank screen with a blinking cursor and the disk activity icon is on during this whole time.

Any help?

No Events found!