Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

T

January 20th, 2012 20:00

Diskette drive 0 seek failure, and primary drive 1 not found and secondary drive 1 not found?

before it was saying the diskete drive 0 seek failure, and my cousin tried fixing it and now it says that, and im not sure what to do. I just paid 400 dollars to get everything on the inside replaced, computer working fast, and good no issues til i aways away for 3 weeks and it said that when I went to turn it on. it refuses to boot to the login screen and says exactly that up there ^. ive googled and googled and everything they say works in the setup doesnt have those options so im at loss and really need some help. Called dell and they didnt help, literally it hung up for some reason so im quiet frustrated.. please help anyone!

6.4K Posts

January 20th, 2012 22:00

What model computer do you have?  If you try to boot the computer do you get a message to press F1 to continue or F2 for System Setup?

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

January 21st, 2012 05:00

Hi Thintastikk,

You have a dead motherboard battery.

1 Message

February 9th, 2014 09:00

I'm having a similar issue with my Dell Dimension B110. It's been a while since being used. I checked all connections and turned it on. Screen appeared saying "secondary drive 0 not found". I reboot it and chose F2 for system setup and follow instructions from a tech that said to lit all 3 lights (caps,num,scroll locks). Then hit Alt, E,F,then B. It automatically rebooted, but then gave me the screen "secondary diskette failure" and took me to start windows normally. I did but it's taken over 30 mins for my screen to come on, just showing me the windows screen thinking.........PLEASE HELP!

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

February 9th, 2014 14:00

I'm having a similar issue with my Dell Dimension B110. It's been a while since being used. I checked all connections and turned it on. Screen appeared saying "secondary drive 0 not found". I reboot it and chose F2 for system setup and follow instructions from a tech that said to lit all 3 lights (caps,num,scroll locks). Then hit Alt, E,F,then B. It automatically rebooted, but then gave me the screen "secondary diskette failure" and took me to start windows normally. I did but it's taken over 30 mins for my screen to come on, just showing me the windows screen thinking.........PLEASE HELP!

MrcC01

Have you tried replacing the battery on the motherboard?

A 3-V CR2032 lithium coin cell is required, this can be purchased from any Radio Shack, WalMart and most pharmacies.

Bev.

No Events found!