Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 6th, 2015 08:00

HDD Partition

I bought Dell inspiron 5547 with one hard disk drive of 1TB having windows 8.1 but to manage my data I need three drives of hard disk. so my queries are:

1. what is the best way to further divide the hard disk into two more parts while windows 8.1 has already been installed on the hard disk.
  2. Are there any disadvantages of this further division of hard disk to the windows, Apps or to the system it self.

105 Posts

March 6th, 2015 08:00

Please post the disk map produced by Disk Manager to have more information.

No problem in principle. You can reduce the size of the OS (C:, Windows) partition. This will leave unallocated space after the new OS partition. In this space, you can create additional data partitions.

In principle, this can be done with the Windows Disk Manager, although this program has restrictions to reduce the size of partitions. If this affects you, you can use another partition manager.

105 Posts

March 6th, 2015 10:00

MiniTool Partition Wizard or AOMEI Partition Assistant. Both are free. If the Windows Disk Manager can reduce the OS partition size in the amount you want, you don´t need these programs. 

I´d create backups of the whole disk before and after the changes. This can be done with Macrium Reflect Free.

March 6th, 2015 09:00

Thanks

March 6th, 2015 09:00

would u please suggest me a good partition manager?

No Events found!