Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 15th, 2007 01:00

HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GSA-H31N

I have a new 9200 I received at the end of 06.  I did a forum search and found very little info or complaints about this drive.  I do not have much expereince with burning cd's or dvd's, and would like to know if anyone can identify who makes this model with possibly a web link?  I noticed as well that an instruction manual is not posted.:smileysad:

Most of the posts about this model were from November 06 so maybe it is not even offered by Dell anymore?

I thought I would post here before calling Tech Support to see if they knew anything.

Thanks for your time!

2.5K Posts

January 15th, 2007 09:00

The HL-DT-ST series drives are OEM drives made by a joint venture between Hitachi and LG.  The HL-DT-ST stands for Hitachi LG Data Storage.  Unfortunately LG doesn't provide any support for OEM drives, leaving that to the computer manufacturer.

You can find some info here.

Dave

1 Message

November 25th, 2007 05:00

THIS DRIVE IS A "SCSI" MADE BY HITACHI, SOLD BY  LG, PANASONIC CHIP SET, AND PUT IN DELL SYSTEMS.  NO WONDER IT HAS PROBLEMS AND NO ONE WANTS TO CONTINUE OR SUPPORT.:smileyvery-happy:

ONLY ONE PERSON THAT I HAVE READ NOTICED THAT THE HL DT ST DVD +-RW  GSA-H31N "B109" IS A SCSI DRIVE.  RUNS ON AN ADAPTEC SCSI CONTROLLER AND IS SPECIFIC TO SCSI.  I HAVE SEEN NO DRIVERS OR FIRMWARE FOR IT ANYWHERE. LG HAS DISCONTINUED THE DRIVE AND THEIR IS NO FIRMWARE, NOT EVEN "OEM" ANYWHERE.  IF SOMEONE FINDS THE SCSI SPECIFIC FIRMWARE AND/OR DRIVERS, PLEASE POST THE INFORMATION...   DISTRESSSSSSSED........SHARON............ PLEASE SEND INFORMATION, I HAVE LOOKED EVERYWHERE, NOTHING.

THANKS IN ADVANCE
No Events found!