Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

B

December 11th, 2017 16:00

Hard Drive to a SSD replacement

My 17 inch laptop is almost 7 years. old.  Never a problem.  It is a Studio 17  (1747)  I thought I would replace the hard drive to the new SSD that are out. They say it would give the old laptop quite a boost. BUT  I know nothing about finding or buying the correct SSD for this laptop. I usually buy my parts at Newegg.  Can someone give me some tips on buying a SSD that would fit this laptop.  Anything recommended under 100 dollars. Is that enough?

4 Operator

• 

11.1K Posts

December 11th, 2017 17:00

You'll want to makes sure you laptop is easy to disassemble to get to the hard drive.

I think for yours you have to take apart the entire laptop. You'll want to verify that.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

December 12th, 2017 14:00

You won't get full speed out of an SSD (it'll run about half its rated speed), but any 2.5" SSD will work with the system.

53 Posts

not to difficult  6 screws on the back of the laptop gets you too the hard drive. From the video pull a strap, disconnect and unscrew the hard drive

53 Posts

for the age of computer would this limit what current SSD  to choose from?  What am I looking for in a ssd for this laptop?

No Events found!