Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 14th, 2014 15:00

I am facing a problem after formatting C drive and after a re-installing windows 7 home premium on my Alienware M17XR4 note book

I see that my main 500GB Hard disk is disabled and i cannot access it some how . Due to this i see only  13.4 GB free of 59.4 GB .Its not showing the total free disk space remaining from the total disk space used up .I need help with resolving this problem please .

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

March 14th, 2014 17:00

Hi Babaralishah,

Please tell me how many drives you have and their capacity. Which one contains the operating system?

March 15th, 2014 04:00

After hitting Ctrl and I .I  see the following information

RAID Volumes

ID       Name                      level                       Strip                     Size status        Status               Bootable

0        Volume0        RAIDO(stripe}              16KB                      59.6GB            Normal                  Yes

Physical Devices

ID             Device Model                       Serial #                    Size                Type status          

0          TOSHIBA   MK5061GS        Y2HDY4KTF            465.7GB             (Vol ID}              MemberDisk(0}

3          SAMSUNG SSD PM83      SOXLNSACE0           29.8 GB              (Vol ID}              MemberDisk(0}

The former drive  mentioned as Volume0 above i.e. having size. 59.4 GB .Seems to be showing only under C drive inside  My computer .The later two drives which are the physical Devices are disabled and are not visible under C drive inside My computer .The TOSHIBA and SAMSUNG ones are disabled .It appears that the former drive which is 59.4 GB contains the operating system. 

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

March 15th, 2014 05:00

Can you post a screen shot of disk management?

I don't think anything is disabled. I think you merely partitioned your HDD incorrectly.

March 15th, 2014 07:00

Hi there OSPREY 4 I have attached the screen shot of disk management .

1 Attachment

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

March 16th, 2014 05:00

Ok, it appears you have an SSD cache (port 3) and on port 0 is your HDD, which contains the system partition. I would re-install the operating system. During the installation process, you'll see the option to delete any existing partitions and create a new one. Make sure you do that. Follow my OS install guide like below.

March 16th, 2014 08:00

Hi again Osprey4

Before starting on the re-installation of the operating system and properly partitioning the drives on my pc  . I would like to inform you that i already have the installation disk DVD for Windows home premium 64 bit SP1 ,When i  got the note book the first time. Could you please guide me as to what step in your OS install guide should i start following at once to initiate this process ?. Thank you

March 16th, 2014 12:00

Hello again OSPREY 4

Too much information over load in the OS installation guide .Dont know where to start ? .Still confused:emotion-7:

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

March 16th, 2014 13:00

Page 27, step 8 of the PDF file. Clean installation of Windows 7. Follow the instructions to delete the existing partition.

No Events found!