Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

Closed

August 5th, 2013 14:00

Internal hard disk drive not found.To resolve this issue, try to reseat the drive

On a less than 3 month old laptop???

HELP!!! I don't even know what that means.

I shouldn't have to pay to fix this, I think with the money I spent on this laptop it should last more than 3 months.:emotion-12:

1 Message

October 27th, 2014 11:00

The error was displayed as follows - DST error 1000-0141

No drive detected

1.5K Posts

August 5th, 2013 15:00

Hi MOUTHYMOMMY,

Apologies for inconvenience caused and unpleasant experience with a new Dell product. Please share the System Model and Operating System installed. Also run diagnostics to confirm hardware functionality. Here are the steps:

• Restart the system and immediately start tapping the 'F12' key to enter the 'Boot Menu'.
  • Use the 'Down Arrow' key to highlight the 'Diagnostics' option. Press the 'Enter' key.
  • The diagnostics will begin. Please note the exact error message/code, if any appears on the screen.

Please reply with the information, I'll be happy to assist further.

1 Message

November 20th, 2013 09:00

1 Message

November 21st, 2013 21:00

I have Dell Indpiron N5030, I don't detact the HDD in MY laptop. It show internel HDD not detacted. so are you able to help me out to resolve the problem as soon as possible.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

November 23rd, 2013 04:00

Unplug the system, remove the battery, and then remove and reconnect the hard drive.  If it's then still not seen, the drive has failed.

2 Posts

November 23rd, 2013 10:00

it gives me a colorful screen with a rare message, how can i fix that please?

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

November 23rd, 2013 11:00

It would help to know what the error message is, but if the system doesn't recognize the drive after it is reconnected, it's likely at least one issue is a dead drive you'll need to replace.

2 Posts

November 23rd, 2013 11:00

it appears to be that issue, but i didnt wanna believe it.....thanks anyway!!!!

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

November 24th, 2013 05:00

Hi Carlos,

Your English is better than my Portuguese!! :emotion-2:

If your hard drive is not recognized, that may indicate that it has failed. My suggestion would be to try booting to your Dell drivers and utilities disc. Insert the disc, then tap the F12 key when you boot and select the option to boot from the DVD drive. If you are not able to boot to the DVD drive, go to downloads and grab the Dell diagnostic package that can be used to create a bootable USB flash drive. Try booting to that and run the diagnostics from there.

November 24th, 2013 09:00

Hy Osprey!

thank you for reply!

I did a boot using USB and run the Dell diagnostic package, but my HD didn't appear in option "Hard Drive". Only appear USB disk.

Do you have any idea?

tks

Hi Osprey,

Do you know if this error is because the HD is deactrivated in BIOS?

How can I know this?

tks

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

Yes, I'm afraid that means the hard drive has failed completely. You will need to replace it.

November 24th, 2013 10:00

tks, I will try this

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

November 24th, 2013 10:00

The hard drive cannot be deactivate in BIOS setup - if it's connected but not seen, either the drive or the controller has failed.  Replace the drive first, though - it's a lot cheaper than trying a mainboard replacement first (and far more likely the drive has failed than the controller/mainboard).

3 Posts

December 28th, 2013 01:00

Hello guys, excuse me please. I have a same problem with Dell latitude 13. it shows me the mesage

" internal hard disk.......  , To resolve this issue. Try to reseat the drive.

All what is mentioned bellow i tried, - several times removed hdd and put back,

- run diagnostic ( no problem have been found with this system so far)

- second diagnostic ( preboot sys.asses. complete. No diagnostic utility partition identified. Please select ok to reboot your system)

Ok…. And ….      " internal hard disk.......  , To resolve this issue. Try to reseat the drive.

!!! - Hdd is work in latitude d630 without any problem !!!

Can u help me please what to do, if there is still chance to do anything?

Thank u.

No Events found!