Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 3rd, 2010 16:00

Problems with DVD GSA-U20N

Hi, 

I'm having problems with my DVD: I have a Dell Latitude E6500 with a HL-DT-ST DVD RW GSA-U20N. I encounter the following problems:

- Sometimes it disappears (from the my computer folder). I need to pull the whole unit out and reconnect it to be re-recognized. 

- It has problem with reading and writing to DVDs. Usually with CDs there are no problems (although sometimes at the end of the burn I get a blue screen with a CD as well)

The operating system is Windows XP SP3, and the firmware version is A101 from 2001! I couldn't find any update...

Any suggestions?

Thanks, 

Eyal

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

May 3rd, 2010 18:00

Hi Eyal,

The normal procedure when a drive diappears is to delete the upper and/or lower filters following the "code 39 error" fix found in the CD/DVD FAQ. Please try that the next time and let me know if that helps at all.

Also, please write down the blue screen error you are getting and post it in your next message.

4 Posts

May 23rd, 2016 04:00

I have a sort of same problem on my precision m4400 laptop, with windows 7 ultimate 64bit italian version

the GSA-U20N is seen in the hardware list, but with a yellow triangle, and the burning programs don't see it.

what can I do?

4 Posts

May 23rd, 2016 12:00

I can add that when I open the dvd icon in control panel/system/hardware il says error code 52

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

May 24th, 2016 17:00

Hi Satiropan,

Please try the same utility I suggested above.

No Events found!