Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

HG

January 28th, 2007 03:00

Q - Raid from winXP MCE 2005 ?

Hello ,  First of all i just would like to say that i love my Dell Dimension 8400, i have used many many computers over the years and i have found that there are just a few computers worth  having and Dell rates as the highest in my area of work, Top notch and Grade-A thru and thru ! sincerly that is just my own opinion but i do shre that with the many people i work with, i will always be a Dell owner/user.

I have a Q. ok.. i have the original recovery disc i made from the partition and those are fine, as well as the OS installed from that CD, i now have a retail ver of winXP MCE2005, i am currently running Raid 0 with the original recovery disc i mentioned above but that is the home ver and i wish to comtinue under Raid 0, my Q. is can i do that with the retail ver of xp MCE 2005 ? i believe MCE is based on the Pro ver of winXP, can this be done and if so can someone give me an idea if its same install method i used (Raid driver) as the home ver i have now under Raid 0 ?

may TIAs
MiMi R.

Message Edited by Hoosier Girl on 01-27-200711:25 PM

11.9K Posts

January 28th, 2007 19:00

Hoosier Girl wrote:
Hello ,  First of all i just would like to say that i love my Dell Dimension 8400, i have used many many computers over the years and i have found that there are just a few computers worth  having and Dell rates as the highest in my area of work, Top notch and Grade-A thru and thru ! sincerly that is just my own opinion but i do shre that with the many people i work with, i will always be a Dell owner/user.

I have a Q. ok.. i have the original recovery disc i made from the partition and those are fine, as well as the OS installed from that CD, i now have a retail ver of winXP MCE2005, i am currently running Raid 0 with the original recovery disc i mentioned above but that is the home ver and i wish to comtinue under Raid 0, my Q. is can i do that with the retail ver of xp MCE 2005 ? i believe MCE is based on the Pro ver of winXP, can this be done and if so can someone give me an idea if its same install method i used (Raid driver) as the home ver i have now under Raid 0 ?

may TIAs
MiMi R.

It can be done exactly the same way.  However, you're using a retail MCE license up for little gain.  What is it that MCE does that you can't find a way to do with Home?

January 28th, 2007 20:00

ok well.. one of about a hundred would be - Increase your broadband speed in three minutes.....It works....I do it.
Start-> Run-> type gpedit.msc
* You will see [Local Computer Policy]
* Expand the [Administrative Templates] branch
* Expand the [Network] branch
* Highlight [QoS Packet Scheduler]
* Double-click [Limit Reservable Bandwidth]
* Check [Enabled]
* Change [Bandwidth limit %] to 0 %
* Click [Apply] [OK]
* Restart

I know of atleast a hundred tweaks with xpPro, and what a difference as far as speed/security/privacy.

MiMi
No Events found!