Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 16th, 2014 23:00

Replacing an original 500GB 5900RPM HDD in my Inspiron 3721 17 inch Monitor with Windows 7 Home 64-bit

What is the maximum SSD thickness allowed by the case of the Laptop?

Is the Crucial MX100 512GB SATA 2.5-Inch, 7mm (with 9.5mm Adapter) Internal Solid State Drive, CT512MX100SSD1  compatible with my Laptop?

How do i get the original Factory Software to install on that new replacement SSD?

I am here cause i cant get to Chat Tech Support once I am in my Dell Account. Can anyone tell me how to do that for future reference?

Thank you kindly.

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

September 17th, 2014 01:00

Hi MSwhip,

Dell Inspiron 3721 is compatible with any hard drive measuring 2.5 inch. You will not be able to restore the new SSD to factory state HDD. However you can install the Windows operating system customized with OEM disc sent as an exception from us.

Please private message us the system service tag so that I can check send you the disc as one time exception. To send a private message, click on my name and send private message.

9 Legend

• 

16.3K Posts

September 17th, 2014 10:00

You can use a Dell disc once you order/receive it, or you can download it from Microsoft's partner site, Digital River, here:

http://msft.digitalrivercontent.net/win/X17-58997.iso

Once installed, you can activate it using the product key on the sticker on your system.

No Events found!