Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 16th, 2015 21:00

Resouce(HDD) is busy; when attempting to install Liinux to new partition

The machine is an Inspiron 5423, using Windows 7 (sp1). I was attempting to install from a live cd (openSuse, 13.2 ). After researching thei issue on the Suse forums, I shrank the Win partition and created

a new extended partition with three sub partitions, at the suggestion of one of the Suse contributors.

Either way, with or without the newly created partitions, the suse installer, and partitioner would not access

the hard drive, sda, stating "the resuouce is busy".  Is there a way to get around this problem?

Sorry about the double spacing, it just happened, but I get that in wordpad a lot also.

1.8K Posts

April 20th, 2015 10:00

Hi,

I don't know much about installing openSuse, but I did find this with a quick google search.  Not sure if it is relevant to your problem or not. 

This may be a question that is better posted to our Linux Operating System boards instead of here.  I think it's more a question of the install onto the drive than the drive itself from what little I've been able to read. The users there would be much more likely to have an answer, or suggestion, for you than on this hard drive board. 

I hope this helps.

Todd

4 Posts

April 20th, 2015 18:00

Thank you for the response, Todd, I shall repost in the Linux Operating System board.

The page you found on Google is similar, but not closely related.  He is installing on a new disk,

I want to install on the resident hard disk in a new partition.

Again, thank you for the response and suggestion.

Frank

No Events found!