Highlighted
Mr MT
1 Nickel

SSD RAID 1+0 Array in Aurora R1 Building Ok But OS Clean Install Fails at Very End.... Regardless of What Raid Array Tried ( 0,1,5,10 )

I have built a RAID 1+0 array successfully with 4 Crucial MX200 1Tb drives in my Alienware Aurora R1.  Upon attempting a clean install from the OS disc provided with purchase, the installation fails at the very end every time irregardless of trying different RAID configurations. 

The Crucial 480Gb SSD I have as my current primary drive works just fine.  Please advise as to what's going wrong and if a fix is known.

I've read it suggested in numerous forums that Dell skimps and doesn't provide a true full OS and that the OS reinstall disc I have is only usable for single drive install and is what's causing me all this grief. 

Any sage advice is welcome.  Thanks in advance for your replies.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
7- Gold

RE: SSD RAID 1+0 Array in Aurora R1 Building Ok But OS Clean Install Fails at Very End.... Regardless of What Raid Array Tried ( 0,1,5,10 )

Hi Mr MT,

Dell provides an OEM Windows install disc, as opposed to retail, but it's a full reinstall disc. Are you saying you are able to successfully install Windows onto a single SSD but you are not able to add a second disc to the array?

0 Kudos