Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 20th, 2014 08:00

SSD Support Problem

Greetings!

I bought this computer a couple days ago (Inspiron 3847). I installed a new Samsung 840Evo SSD. I used the included Samsung Data Migration software to transfer the factory disk to the new SSD., then removed the factory disk. This went without a hitch until I tried to access the Support area through the My Dell app. It refuses to recognize my Service Tag, even if I enter it manually. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Thanks in advance!

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

March 20th, 2014 11:00

Did you try it before cloning?  It can take up to 10 days for a new service tag to show up in the database -- and if the system was purchased other than direct from Dell, you must register it with Dell before the service tag will show up.

4 Posts

March 20th, 2014 12:00

I registered the system with Dell on day one, and I did try it with the factory drive.The service tag did show up when I booted off the factory drive, just not the SSD drive. But I have only had the computer for four days now, so perhaps I need to wait and see. Dunno...

Thanks for responding!

4 Posts

March 22nd, 2014 08:00

You hit the nail on the head! Time was the solution, it works perfectly now. :emotion-2:

Thanks so much!

No Events found!