Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

D

April 29th, 2010 07:00

Studio XPS 8100 Factory Reset

Hi,

my problem: Got my Dell Studio XPS 8100 with Win/ Ultimate yesterday and first I want to check, if the Factory Restore works properly.

At PC startup i'm hitting [F8] for starting the advanced boot options but it doesn't. I've got a hidden "Recovery" Partition, but can't use the advanced boot options? Someone can help?

Also i want to make an extra partition with substracting disk space from C... can i format D:(called Datapart1) or do i destroy something important than?

so far

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

April 29th, 2010 17:00

Hi Drone1ofall,

Are you following these instructions? The note says, You must press before the Windows logo appears on the screen. If you press after the Windows logo appears on the screen, the Advanced Boot Options menu will not appear on the screen. If you do not see the Advanced Boot Options menu, restart the computer, and then repeat this step until you see the menu on the screen.

April 29th, 2010 18:00

yep, i pressed [F8] while the dell logo und before the MS-Logo appeared... but nothing.

because this doesn't work, i ask "why do the advanced boot options not appear?"

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

April 30th, 2010 12:00

I have this same model. I tried it last night and it's definitely tricky. What I am doing is tapping the F8 key quickly just as the system gets past the Dell logo screen. It took my three tries to get it. Don't hold the key, which will prompt a keyboard error.

No Events found!